Sr Manager, Customer Marketing - Targeting
Brand Expedia (BEX) is looking for an experienced, analytically minded marketer to lead the strategy and execution of CRM customer targeting capabilities for BEX globally. The Senior Manager, Customer Marketing will be a key member of the worldwide Outbound marketing team (OBM) responsible for Expedia's global email programs, management of the customer lifecycle and development of emerging marketing channels.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Marketing & Communications, you will, together with a team, run global marketing campaigns following a data-driven scientific process. Campaign management starts with assessment of customer needs; involves collaboration with ecommerce, merchandising, product teams among others in campaign design; uses personalization and data science; and involves rigorous test & learn, campaign analytics and partner reporting with an eye towards automation and global scalability while retaining local relevance. In addition, you will be working with data science resources to leverage machine learning.
Are you a strategic leader with a point of view and a strong collaborator who can balance creativity with keen analytics skills? Are you a bit data obsessed and results focused, able to get things done while constantly striving for better?
What you will do:
Outbound Marketing Strategy:
- Develop a data-informed understanding of your customer and the travel purchase cycle to inform marketing strategies that match customer needs with BEX capabilities and value propositions
- You'll collaborate with our Analysts and Data Scientists in the development of predictive models to help present the right value proposition, to the right customer, and the right time
- Set direction of OBM customer targeting capabilities, define targeting strategy, build requirements & test plans for targeting models
- You will team with ecommerce, merchandising, and product teams to ensure a cohesive experience for customers across all touch points
- Assist with the development and testing of email methodologies regarding travel products, pricing, promotional and customer segmentation strategies
- As a working manager, you'll lead a small team managing global direct marketing campaigns across multiple mediums (e.g. email, sms, push) including targeting requirements, content & creative requests, coordination with legal, localization, operations support, and final reviews/testing
- Ensure that communications are purposeful, cohesive and locally relevant while achieving operating influence through global scalability
- You will maintain a backlog of test & learn hypotheses; prioritizing, planning, executing & measuring tests to further enhance the customer experience and grow business value
- Monitor ongoing campaign performance and report on campaign results
- You'll manage relationships with assigned internal partners (e.g. ecommerce, merchandising, product teams) being the face of OBM
- Ensure cross-team alignment on priorities, efficient knowledge sharing, and collaboration to drive business value
- Monitoring ongoing channel performance you will provide regular reporting on results with actionable analysis
Marketing Capabilities and Automation:
- You'll partner with Email Operations to craft new processes and solutions to automate and improve personalization of emails.
- Develop and scale content sources including integration of internal and external APIs
Who you are:
- You have an MBA or similar advanced degree demonstrating advanced analytical skills
- 10+ years’ meaningful experience in direct/database marketing, CRM, ecommerce analytics, data science, CRM, or ecommerce product management
- You possess the rare combination of creativity, analytical & product management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – experience pulling, manipulating, and deriving insight off of data (specific experience with both Expedia Group consumer data and supply data a plus); SQL, Hadoop, Tableau & Qubole experience required
- You have expertise defining product requirements & development and implementation of complex testing plans
- You have the ability to influence others & manage people
- You are a demonstrated self-directed/self-starter capable of highly autonomous work
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.