Sr. Marketing Automation Manager at Expedia Group
Expedia is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning and booking travel. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
Expedia® Lodging Partners Services (LPS) is responsible for building and developing relationships with hotels around the world, to constantly align our product offering to our customers’ demand. With more than 240,000 hotels worldwide, Expedia Lodging Partner Services is driving innovation in the development and management of a highly complex and fast moving inventory.
The Global Partner Marketing (GPM) is a newly formed organization that brings together what were formerly disparate B2B channel marketing functions (email, web, social, and events) into a single entity supported by an in-house creative team.
We’re in “start-up” mode, aggressively building out our team with ambitious goals to create a world class B2B marketing org that will drive the LPS goals of…
- Acquisition – adding new hotel partners
- Engagement – deepening the relationship we have with existing hotel partners
- Satisfaction – keeping hotel partners happy
- Efficiency – reducing the sales cycle and taking on tasks to give time back to our sales force (Market Management)
The GPM team is investing in Marketo and we’re looking for a Sr. Marketing Automation Manager to be part of a newly forming marketing automation team within GPM.
This individual will be critical in helping build out compelling, data driven customer journeys across the hotel partner lifecycle. If you enjoy building from scratch, thrive on turning ambiguity into productivity, and have aptitude for scaling marketing delivery across multiple countries, this role is ideal for you.
This position will be based in Bellevue, WA and will be one of the first members of our marketing automation and email delivery team.
This person will require a deep, subject matter expertise in marketing tools and capabilities with a specific emphasis in Marketo needed to create/configure the following deliverables:
- Email and registration form templates
- Automated customer journeys
- Programming of business rules and marketing triggers
- Lead scoring
- Personalization (use of tokens and snippets)
- Customer contact thresholds
This role will partner with…
Data teams to ensure:
- Requirements for data triggers and formatting are met for successful Marketo consumption and execution
Reporting/analytics teams to ensure:
- Appropriate tagging and instrumentation (Munchkin codes, Google Analytics) are implemented to enable marketing attribution
Content/localization teams to ensure:
- Content can be staged and rendered correctly in Marketo for seamless delivery
Web teams to ensure:
- Registrations forms can be staged on sites to aid with customer data capture
While this role will focus on the heavy lifting within Marketo needed for program creation, it will also interface with a small offshore team that will be trained on Marketo to aid in cost effective scaling of Marketo programs as well as ad-hoc email delivery.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or sales related field.
- 7-9 years of B2B marketing experience, particularly in using marketing technologies to deliver marketing content across multiple channels.
- Deep skill set with Marketo or other form of marketing automation solution (Pardot, HubSpot, Unica, etc.)
- Experience working with localization providers used for global translation and deployment of content.
- Experience working in complex global organization with frequent interactions between global and field marketing organizations. Working with offshore service providers is a plus.
- Ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and turn them into high quality build specs for marketing automation programs
- Solid understanding of basic principles of data, how data is structured and organized, how it flows between systems, etc.
- Must be able to self-direct and motivate, working independently with little oversight.