Sr. Marketing Manager New Distribution Channel, Outbound Marketing at Expedia Group
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as One Team, working towards a common goal - to bring the world within reach.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join our omnichannel communication and customer contact strategy team? If so, read on!
As a Senior Marketing Manager for New Distribution Channel, you will be a key member of the worldwide marketing team responsible for the strategy and execution of Expedia's global outbound communications programs, as well as management of the customer lifecycle. Your focus will be on growing low cost outbound communications channels like push and in-app notifications and SMS.
Reporting to the Director New Distribution Channel, you will be part of a team that is specifically responsible for direct to consumer marketing and service communications via push and SMS channels. The role requires cross-functional collaboration with various teams across the company including the following; OBM Email Marketing Team to shape and deliver a cohesive outbound communication strategy, Customer Marketing Teams including Merchandising, Creative and Loyalty teams to surface content and oversee the end to end experience, App Product and Marketing teams to align on capabilities and prioritize campaigns.
In addition, the role will be working closely with OBM Operations and Product/Engineering teams to execute campaigns and develop platform capabilities/automated solutions for Expedia's global programs. This position is best suited for a highly driven individual with strong outbound marketing knowledge, analytics skills, experience in push and SMS program management and automation, customer segmentation and testing, and customer lifecycle management.
What You Will Do:
- Define program strategy, execution, and optimization for NDC channels including SMS and in-app and push notifications to increase acquisition, optimize mobile app usage and drive low cost engagement
- Develop sustainable service and marketing programs to meet significant growth goals, develop and test 'best practices' regarding travel products, pricing, promotional and customer segmentation strategies to drive engagement and bring customers repeat visit/purchase rate via low cost channels
- Align and partner with teams including App Marketing and Mobile Product teams as well as Product teams like LX, air, hotel, package, car
- Define, prioritise, and manage campaigns including targeting requirements, creative requests and final reviews/testing
- Assist with QA and test campaigns for accuracy and platform compatibility
- Partner with the Test & Learn Manager to plan and execute tests
- Deliver against team goals for quantity of tests and revenue/profit impact of those tests
- Partner with Product to create new processes and solutions to automate outbound new distribution channel campaigns
- Develop and scale content sources including integration of internal and external APIs
What You Bring:
- 5+ year's online marketing experience with mobile app and push notifications experience; SMS marketing experience
- Sufficient technical background to effectively work with the engineering team
- Experience working as a Product Manager or alongside Product teams is a plus
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and solving them through data analysis
- Ability to prioritize and delivery on multiple threads of work in a fast-paced environment
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.