Sr. Marketing Manager
Avalara is seeking a Sr. Marketing Manager to drive our successful thought leadership program and strategy. Avalara is a B2B SaaS company and the largest global provider of sales and use tax automation software. We have thousands of customers and recently completed a public stock offering. Avalarians make really complex things around business taxes and compliance really simple and really fast, so companies of all sizes can focus on what they do best, and leave tax compliance to us.
Are you an energetic and detail-oriented marketer who has a knack for understanding market segments and using content to drive results? Do you constantly work with a sense of urgency, have a keen ability to adapt to change, and are motivated to see the fruits of your efforts in higher sales? Then we want to talk with you! If you have a passion for content, understand the buyers journey and what content makes a difference, then we have the role for you!
The Sr Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing marketing programs that contribute to Avalara’s demand generation and revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be able to take our successful Thought Leadership Webinar series and take it to the next level. This candidate will be content minded, and have the ability to learn the concepts of Sales Tax Compliance.
- Build extensive knowledge in the subject of transaction tax and Avalara’s advanced technology solutions while staying in tune with our industry, our partner community, and our competitor
- Optimize content performance, using Adobe Analytics, Salesforce, Eloqua, ON24, and other platforms.
- End-to-end coordination and management of thought leadership campaigns including Webinars and additional mediums as you evolve the strategy.
- Test, measure and optimize programs and tactics on an ongoing basis to meet and exceed goals.
- Draft, write, edit, proofread, and send targeted emails for promotion and follow-up of thought leadership events/content to prospects.
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations & the Content team to deliver, report on, and optimize success of campaigns where needed.
- Provide reports and visibility for each campaign to track responses, opportunity creation, and influence.
- Occasionally support program initiatives from the broader marketing team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with a variety of roles, from executives to sales representatives. You must be able to forge effective relationships and help energize SDRs with your campaigns and your efforts.
- Extreme attention to detail, time management, organization skills.
- Excellent planning, project management, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to strategize and analyze program effectiveness and ROI.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Must have a positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced environment and be able to build strong relationships across various departments and functions
- Bachelor degree required.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.