Sr. Segment Marketing Manager
SkyKick is a fast-growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards from Microsoft Partner of the Year to Red Herring Top 100 North America. Our mission is to build SaaS products that solve the IT industry's cloud challenges. Our products are 100% partner channel focused and have helped over 20,000 global partners build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to move, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud. The SkyKick Cloud Automation Platform was recently voted #1 by IT Service Providers for its technical robustness, partner-friendly experience and material impact on partner profitability.
Our culture empowers leaders’ company-wide to develop solutions that are changing expectations. We love the new scale opportunities that come with our growth and would love to share this amazing journey with more passionate people!
We are an international company headquartered in Seattle, WA and as a 100 Best Company in Washington, we offer a competitive comp and benefits package, along with great perks! SkyKick is a proud equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.skykick.com.
About the Role
We are in search of a segment marketing manager who is passionate about cloud computing and helping IT solution providers to build more successful cloud businesses.
This is a new role that will focus on developing and executing marketing strategies targeting a specific segment of our wider IT solution provider audience base.
The Segment Marketing role requires you to combine excellent channel marketing, project management, and business development capabilities. In this role you will drive integrated sales and marketing programs that enable specific SkyKick customer segments to accelerate through their use of our platform.
Your role will include:
- Creating and /or implementing programs that directly help SkyKick’s community of IT service providers to more rapidly on-board with SkyKick and to achieve greater cloud success through their use of the overall platform. (This may be assigned overall segments of customers, or specific assigned individual customers within a segment)
- Collaborating closely with internal sales teams to develop or implement scalable marketing or co-marketing programs that help to both attract and retain new channel partners.
- Collaborating closely with internal teams across marketing, support and product, to implement scalable partner enablement programs that accelerate partners’ cloud evolution
To succeed in this role, you will use a mixture of customer-obsession, creativity and relentlessness to drive compelling results for partners. Your excellent communication, collaboration and multi-disciplinary marketing skills, will help IT partners enhance their operations, profitability, end-customer experience, sales and marketing capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in partner channel development, displaying an ability to move seamlessly between strategy and the tactical execution of concurrent marketing programs that incorporate a variety of marketing and sales disciplines.
Planning, Strategy & Analytics
- Develop or co-develop strategic marketing plans for specific SkyKick customers or customer segments that use best practices, historical data and customer insight
- Plan or participate in monthly, quarterly and other business reviews related to focus customers / segments
- Keep abreast of channel / industry news, partner ecosystem business models, competitive landscape and beyond
- Track effectiveness of all assigned channel marketing programs, measuring results and sharing success with cross-functional partners
- Collaborate across teams to acquire and share insights that drive actions to improve programs and tactics
- Prepares insights and reports to contribute to operations and business reviews
Execution, Programs & Systems
- Implement thru-partner marketing activities / playbooks across focus customers / customer segments in collaboration with in-house and external partner teams
- Contribute to the refinement of partner acceleration playbooks and activities based on what’s most effective.
- Drive relationships with assigned customers, in tandem with partner teams in business development and sales
- Adapt or develop content and marketing materials for focus customer segments
- Act as an additional voice of the customer / customer segment within the marketing org
- Provide or support training and support on SkyKick platform, tools and programs for partners
- Drive implementation of platforms for scalable distribution of partner enablement materials, and the ongoing management of those materials
- Collaborate with internal marketing and external teams to support partner events
- Manage or collaborate on management of partner lead generation programs
- Manage channel partner awards and incentive / loyalty programs
- Create or contribute to scalable structures and processes in partner marketing management
About You / Key Skills
- 5 - 8 years of Marketing Experience
- 3+ years working in a Partner / Channel Marketing capacity in the B2B Technology space
- Demonstrated ability to design, plan, implement and measure marketing campaigns & programs
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with various stakeholders internally and externally
- Very strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated partner management and business development experience
- Prior alliance marketing experience with high-value partners strongly preferred, including demonstrated ability to land content, campaigns and initiatives with customers / partners to drive results
- Highly analytical and comfortable working with data. Experience working in Excel, and BI programs preferred.
- Detail-orientation, time / project-management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Budget management experience