Sr. SEO Content Strategist
About the Role:
RealSelf’s content team seeks an experienced, results-driven SEO Content Strategist. In this hands-on role, you’ll give our content creators the strategic and tactical recommendations and best-in-class examples they need to dramatically raise our brand’s organic search profile, attract more of our target consumers, and deliver on their expectations. Now is a perfect time to join our team, because we’re in the early stages of scaling a disruptive new beauty editorial site and creating innovative new consumer resources.
This role gives you an opportunity to make a big difference in the company and help millions of people make smart, confident beauty decisions.
In This Role, You Will:
- Optimize all RealSelf-authored content for search and help the team make proactive, data-driven decisions.
- Stay on the cutting edge of SEO best practices and algorithm updates. Regularly dig into data and competitive landscape to find content gaps, identify opportunities and propose new recommendations and experiments.
- Lead by example by writing (from meta descriptions to H1s to longer form drafts), optimizing, assessing impact, and rapidly iterating.
- Dive deep on keyword research.
- Provide SEO briefs to writers and conduct SEO review of final product.
- Train our content creators in scalable ways to implement your recommendations for maximum impact.
- Stay on top of news trends and develop news strategies for maximum SEO impact.
- Partner with our product and analytics teams to assess the impact of content optimization work, guide the technical roadmap and develop strategies to iterate on success.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- The ability to turn your deep understanding of SEO best practices, analytics, and digital content strategy into actionable recommendations for our team
- Equally adept at diving deep into research and staying focused on the big picture
- Ability to create actionable recommendations from data insights
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently hit deadlines
- Proactive, solutions-oriented approach
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated work ethic
- A willingness to learn the relevant nuances of aesthetics
- An aptitude for collaboration across multiple teams
- 3+ years of SEO content strategy experience in a daily digital publishing environment
- A proven track record of successfully driving improvements in organic search traffic through content optimization
Travel is not anticipated for this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.