Technical Writer - Contract to hire
Pivotal Commware is the inventor of Holographic Beam Forming® (HBF), a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics that enables its Software Defined Antennas to harness, shape and direct radio waves so mobile carriers can maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand. HBF offers order-of-magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in Cost, Size, Weight and Power consumption (C-SWaP) and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal.
We are looking for a contract to hire Technical Writer to join our team! This is a hands-on technical writing position dedicated to contributing our customers’ successful experience with Pivotal products. In this role you will work with engineering, product, and support teams to create rich, high-quality content for our Mobile Network Operator (MNO) customers. You’ll be using your strong communication skills to articulate the ins-and-outs of Pivotal hardware and software to enable users to quickly gain product knowledge and realize their value.
As a Technical Writer at Pivotal Commware, you will:
● Write technical documentation for users of Pivotal hardware and software
● Collaborate with engineers, product, support, and product marketing to develop and publish in-depth use cases, best practices and installation guides
● Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner
● Collect details necessary to update the documentation for features developed
● Submit defect and enhancement requests on behalf of end-users
● Become a 5G beamforming subject matter expert (SME)
Our ideal Technical Writer will have:
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with high proficiency in clear, concise writing
● 2+ years of experience researching and writing customer-facing technical documentation
● Familiarity and experience working with product integrations, APIs, installation manuals, and cloud-based software
● Proven interpersonal skills, working effectively with various levels of the organization, across many different functional areas
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
● Self-directed individual that continuously seeks out new challenges
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019 and has attracted $40M in investment. At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or learn more about us and HBF at PivotalCommware.com
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Read Full Job Description