At Expedia Group we are focused on bringing the world within reach. As a Technical Writer you will play a meaningful role in helping us launch new products and ensure that we deliver engaging experiences to our developers and partners with reliable, clear documentation.
We are in the throes of redefining how our customers will harness the power of Expedia’s travel service capabilities. To date our transactional capabilities are leading the travel industry. While our technology and products have been built to power some of the industry’s leading brands, we believe our opportunity can reach even farther. We are looking for ambitious, hardworking and bold leaders to come join us in this transformational journey.
You will be filling a meaningful role within a new, highly visible and strategically critical business within Expedia Group with exposure to senior level leaders in both the eCommerce team as well as across EG. You will work across Product, Technology, Operations and Expedia Group partners to build out, maintain and innovate our technical documentation
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of meaningful experience, in developing customer facing technical documentation for products such as APIs, SDKs, or other technical product documentation
- Experience with API specifications like Open-API (previously Swagger), SDK offerings etc.
- Able to operate without supervision from an expert technical writer
- Proven ability to improve and simplify existing documentation as well as develop entirely new documentation
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Experience working independently or as technical writing lead
- Experience working with ReDoc, Slate or other documentation tools a big plus
- Experience with API concepts, RESTful guidelines, Auth concepts, Http Response codes etc.
- Experience with any programming language(s)
- Experience in payments and fintech and/or ecommerce products
What you will do:
- Lead documentation planning with product teams
- Own customer facing API documentation, leading collaboration across product and tech teams to document new functionality content for customers
- Support editing/revision to non-technical support content
- Develop voice and copy standards
- Establish formal processes for maintaining and updating documentation
- Develop documentation for new SDKs from the ground up
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.