We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are looking for an experienced Media Buyer to acquire and retain profitable players through various mobile ad platforms (including Facebook, Adwords, Ad Networks). Reporting to the Head of User Acquisition, you will be part of a 6-member team that is made up of savvy online markers with knowledge of the mobile gaming space. The team is data driven and leverages marketing analytics to increase ROI by collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop highly effective campaigns. In this role you will manage, grow, and optimize global user acquisition and retention campaigns for DoubleDown’s portfolio of apps.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or the equivalent in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical degree
- 2 - 4 years of experience in digital media buying and/or planning, including:
- Major mobile ad platforms (Facebook, Adwords etc)
- Experience or knowledge of CPI, CPA buying
- 1+ years in mobile user acquisition and retention analysis experience at scale, preferably with free to-play games
- 1+ years’ experience conducting analysis on acquisition and retention to deliver against KPI’s
- Knowledge of 3rd party mobile attribution
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to learn and understand creative development
- Strong ability to move quickly and adapt within a direct response business model
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and comfort with marketing analytics
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and Power Point
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Effectively and efficiently lead performance-based paid acquisition and retention marketing efforts to reach goals across various ad networks
- Conduct thorough and deep analysis to drive new findings to greatly optimize mobile marketing campaigns to acquire and engaged users at large scale
- Leverage 3rd party mobile attribution and analytics to measure, evaluate, optimize and develop media strategies
- Educate and share digital ad buying intel with team members to determine value of acquisition efforts and optimizations
- Develop A/B testing programs to maximize acquisition efforts and ROI
- Actively contribute to the evolution of team processes and workflow
Hitting the jackpot
In this role, you will be the expert in User Acquisition and Retention within the digital media space! Throughout your first year, you will be determining optimum use of budget to achieve acquisition objectives by consistently measuring and evaluating media campaigns. In doing so, you will effectively grow budgets & facilitate IO management and reconciliation. Not to mention empowering you to take initiatives to evaluate and develop POV on new media opportunities to share with the team.
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at [email protected] and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.