As Vice President of Customer Marketing you will be responsible for architecting initiatives that increase customer value and inspire advocacy. Reporting to the CMO, this role will be a catalyst for growth and retention. You will be accountable for driving customer engagement, expansion, and retention. At the foundation of this role is the understanding that delighted customers want to buy more, so our first priorities are helping our customers become wildly successful through the use of our solutions. Building trust, earning engagement, and cultivating a thriving community of loyal advocates are key to your success.
You are an innovative thinker who deeply understands the levers available to drive customer growth and knows how to partner across an organization to deliver results. You will build the strategy, framework, and plan for the customer marketing organization. You'll be defining customer segments, key messaging, and product engagement strategies that align with our company goals and new product launch roadmap. Your team will map and deliver programs across customer journeys that engage our target audiences at the right time with the right messages into the right experiences. You will partner across the company to drive improvement in the customer experience. This requires having curiosity about our target audiences and why they engage with us, using a data-driven process to optimize and improve our results, and having a passion to achieve our goals.
You are an attractor and cultivator of talent. And you are able to balance short, mid, and longer term goals to build an engine for customer growth that serves the business today and sets the foundation for future success and scale.
Location: This is a remote role and are open to anywhere in the US.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Operationalizing customer obsession to drive customer expansion through growth marketing programs. Your team will design the expansion strategy and orchestrate the development, execution, and optimization of customer growth campaigns to increase the number of different persona and teams using Outreach to accomplish their jobs, and to expand the number of sales executives in current customers depending on Outreach to hit their goals. Success will look like increasing pipeline generation within the current customer base, faster time to first expansion, and proliferation of Outreach across persona and teams.
- Ensuring robust adoption of Outreach's innovations. Your team will ensure that customers are excited about Outreach's pace of innovation and become change advocates to help transform their revenue organizations with new capabilities and products as soon as they become available. Your team will spearhead new product launches into the customer base and run customer marketing programs to drive cross-sell opportunities. Success will look like strong utilization of new solutions and accelerating cross-sell product pipeline generation.
- Strengthening customer relationships and community engagement. Your team will turn new customers into raving fans through customer engagement programs, spanning from onboarding through renewal, such as our Sales Professional Community, customer events, thought leadership and how-to content experiences, ambassador program, and executive advisory boards. Success will look like shorter customer time to realized value, stronger customer satisfaction, and higher retention rates.
- Telling the Outreach story through customer successes. Your team will put customers out in front across all marketing channels. Success will be amplifying the business value and transformative impact of Outreach's solutions through marquee customer stories across web, PR, social, events, and other content marketing programs.
- Dominating the leader quadrant and rankings in third party review websites. Your team will invigorate the customer evidence and reference program to support Outreach's growth and reputation objectives. Success will be maintaining a deep customer reference database and achieving top rankings by driving a healthy volume of customers to advocate for Outreach in reputable third party review sites.
- 13+ years of growth marketing experience and/or customer marketing experience
- Experience building, leading, and cultivating high-performance growth marketing teams
- Creates a work environment that celebrates diversity, equity & inclusion, and drives execution for Outreach programs that drive meaningful change.
- A track record of building and using technologically-advanced and data-driven systems to grow a business
- Highly strategic yet hands-on, able to balance long term strategy with short term results
- A good partner to other marketing functions, sales, customer success, product engineering and finance
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills; an inspiring leader that can scale and manage a high-impact team
- Brings a systems-thinking approach to bear and can build and use frameworks that enable the team to scale effectively and bring consistency across the business
- Bachelor's degree required
Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage. Outreach helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers. A commissioned Forrester study highlights how the company provides customers with an industry-leading ROI of 387 percent over three years and a payback period of fewer than three months since initial investment.
Outreach’s culture is what truly sets the company apart. We were just voted one of the happiest companies in the U.S. by Comparably (along with one of the best for work/life balance, benefits, best leadership teams, and best CEO for women and diversity). We also made Inc.’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row. Outreach's great workplace culture has also been recognized in Seattle Business Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Washington. Its exceptional growth was recognized by Deloitte last year, receiving the prestigious Technology Fast 500 award, which ranked Outreach the fourth fastest-growing technology company in North America. Outreach was also named to the Forbes' Cloud 100 and LinkedIn's Top Startups list and recently was ranked number one in G2s “Best Products for Sales.”
Visit https://www.outreach.io/company/working-at-outreach to learn more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status