In this leadership role as our Vice President of Marketing, you will oversee the existing areas of the marketing team (product marketing, content development, brand, design, PR, and demand generation). You will also work closely with the rest of the go-to-market (GTM) teams, which include sales and marketing.
There are 3 key areas of responsibility:
Growth Marketing - This is the most important area of focus in this role and where we expect a person to have the most experience. This will inform what gaps we have in all areas of marketing and set a clear direction.
Brand Marketing - This is important for our strategic messaging. We need to produce world class content, defining the story of “who we are” and “what we do.”
Product Marketing - This is important for our competitive positioning and beating our competitors. We need to continue to effectively leverage our products to our advantage.
Since we’re a small but growing company, it is expected you will be a player-coach in some of these key areas. You will be responsible for “doing the job” as well as being a manager and mentor to the rest of your team. We need someone with a “get it done” mentality who is highly motivated and detail oriented. This position will be based in our Seattle HQ (currently we are all remote during COVID-19) and it will report directly to the CRO/Co-founder.
The Go-To-Market team is a high energy group that loves evangelizing and delivering industry leading business solutions to both new and existing customers. A happy customer is the best business strategy of all.
The primary objectives of the go-to market team:
1. Generating pipeline for new, quality sales opportunities
2. Land new customers
3. Expand business within our existing customers
4. Retain 100% of our customers
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Five years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures: https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Day - to - day
- Oversee 3 core elements of marketing for scaling a SaaS business: growth marketing, brand marketing and product marketing.
- Managing a team which includes events, product marketing, content development, brand, design, demand generation and PR.
- Enable sales and success teams with the right content/messaging to execute on their own goals.
- Establish marketing as a competitive strength within Knock and position us as a leader in the industry.
- Know what metrics we should be measuring and establish reporting for leadership and board level conversations.
- Earn the trust of the marketing and leadership teams
- Own the budget, strategic messaging and competitive positioning
- Implement a comprehensive customer acquisition strategy
- Enterprise SaaS marketing strategy/strategic playbook
- Has been the leader through a scaling, high-growth startup
- Has challenged a leadership team with fresh thinking
- Successfully launched multiple products in revenue lines
- Has produced world class content with their amazing storytelling abilities that inspires others
- Has examples of owning strategic messaging and why we win
- Successfully managed a team and budget
Why you'll love it here
- Category-creating company, enthusiastic customers, ambitious roadmap, industry leading products, comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box, great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- Gym membership at LA Fitness Signature Clubs (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- We like to do fun things together (virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
- Parental leave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays! (when we are back in the office)
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.