VP of Marketing
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.bartendersoftware.com.
This position is located in Bellevue Washington.
As the VP of Marketing, and an integral member of our leadership team, you will own the development of our Company's global strategy for advertising and branding as well as consumer outreach.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an elite marketing strategist and leader who drives global demand for products to the next level. As a leader and coach, you motivate your teams and hold them to high standards. You are passionate about developing people and achieving goals. Your outstanding creativity, management, and writing skills will be essential to your success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working directly for the CEO, and partnering with Sales and Product Development, your team is expected to produce top line results -- with marketing efforts raising brand awareness, recognition and loyalty that will ultimately lead to increased sales.
- Lead and direct all marketing activities for the US and global regional offices.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of current marketing strategies and propose marketing initiatives to reach our goals and drive the Company’s future market position.
- Lead a marketing culture of trust, commitment and accountability that is focused on results.
- Manage marketing processes and performance, focusing on best-in-class results that position the Company and our brand in the marketplace.
- Monitor competitive market activity and provide strategic feedback and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with Seagull’s business standards and practices.
- Quickly become an expert with our software and marketplace.
- Analyze our competitors’ marketing positions and programs.
- Manage in-house marketing staff and outside contractors to successfully implement marketing strategies.
- Responsible for the development and execution of corporate messaging, public relations, internal communications, social media campaigns, storytelling, brand positioning, webcasting, and announcements.
- Partner with Sales and Business Development to navigate complex customer groups and channels to build marketing resources and related tools.
- Support “big idea” strategic thinking to enhance our brand equities while supporting our company culture, direction and objectives.
- Manage the marketing team’s timely authoring, updating and translating of all marketing materials.
- Seek out and develop new and increased cooperative marketing opportunities with key strategic partners.
- Work with Sales to define case study candidates most relevant to our growth strategies and ensure development of the appropriate white paper documents.
- Oversee the design, operation and performance of our web site, digital marketing and selling tools, and related e-commerce tools and applications to support our sales.
- Spearhead the research and development of relevant material for the website.
- Select and manage videographers capable of producing professional quality case study videos.
- Review performance and recommend annual adjustments for your team members.
- Own any marketing-related hiring processes.
- Travel up to 10%, globally.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience marketing high-tech products.
- Minimum 5 years marketing management experience, with 3 years in senior marketing leadership.
- Successful track record evaluating, choosing and working with independent contractors.
- Highly effective senior leader with a proven track record of building and motivating strong teams and leading others at manager level and above.
- Experience managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications programs, as well as media relations, to advance the company’s mission and goals.
- Expert understanding of marketing and e-commerce, with a natural curiosity for keeping up with rapid changes in our industry and customer preferences and expectations.
- Experience managing marketing campaigns and customer outreach via existing and emerging social media sites as well as through traditional channels.
- Superior technical knowledge, especially regarding enterprise software and supply chain management.
- Exceptional professional ethics and strong work principles, with a high level of business acumen.
- Energetic, flexible and collaborative, with the demonstrated ability to positively and productively impact and influence, both strategically and tactically.
- Demonstrated success in working globally.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent peer relationship skills.
- First-rate art direction skills, including outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Experience in project development.
- Assertive and action-oriented with strategic planning skills.
- Software, barcode, auto-id or printer manufacturer experience a plus.
- Marketing or technical experience with enterprise software systems highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, international business or equivalent work experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position
- At this time, we are looking at local candidates only, as we are not offering relocation packages
- Ability to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities—anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.