VP, Marketing at PitchBook (Seattle, WA)
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 2,100 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook is a research firm that will double revenue, approaching $1B, in the next five years by serving active investors worldwide. Customers rely on us for a central, easy-to-use platform that provides access to the broadest and most powerful collection of data and trusted insights on the private and public markets. Since 2007, PitchBook has experienced a 675% increase in customer growth and a compounded annual growth rate of 55%. We continue to operate in high growth mode and as a result, we're seeking a marketing leader to fuel our continued growth and build for the future.
This role will help position PitchBook for the next phase of growth by leading our global team of 70+ marketers. This team is focused on serving customers, driving growth through lead generation and development, building the PitchBook brand, evolving our robust marketing technology/digital experience and continuing to innovate on behalf of our customers and internal teams.
The Marketing team's impact will be measured by increases in brand awareness, pipeline contribution to New Sales and Customer Success, product adoption and engagement as well as retention and expansion of our client base. PitchBook is a SaaS business and success metrics will be based on ensuring a healthy customer acquisition cost to lifetime value ratio and supporting SaaS metrics.
Reporting to the COO, you will be a member of PitchBook's executive leadership team partnering closely with leadership in New Sales, Customer Success, People, Product, Data Operations and Finance. Your immediate team will include Demand Generation, Brand, Corporate Communication including internal and public relations, Internal Creative Agency, Events, Marketing Operations and Analysis, Product Marketing and Customer Marketing.
You will need to become an expert in the private equity, venture capital and M&A space, understanding our client's needs and how we serve them. You will be successful in this role if you are data-driven, have extensive experience in demand generation and developing leads to support our New Sales and Customer Success teams and are excited to serve and engage with our customers while leading by example and setting a vision for your team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Growth Driver
- You will partner closely with Sales and Customer Success to create and manage our growth plan including short and long-range planning, quarterly and annual lead and opportunity creation targets and quarterly department OKRs to ensure continued business growth
- You will oversee all marketing teams/budgets, analytics and ROI measurement
- Customer Champion
- You will help align the organization around our customers using data, insights and analytics to deliver a high-touch, white-glove customer experience from the initial sales and marketing contact through multiple years of renewals
- You will be responsible for all sales enablement, product release and launch communications, product adoption and customer marketing (onboarding, retention and expansion programs)
- PitchBook brand awareness ranks second to Bloomberg in the addressable market we serve. You will act as both architect and steward of the brand, creating awareness programs that continue to position PitchBook as a market leader to increase both aided and unaided awareness
- Capability Builder
- PitchBook's tech stack has driven significant growth since our inception. You will evolve our robust marketing capabilities (technology, digital expertise, customer data and insights, data analytics) to help the organization achieve our goal of doubling the business in the next 5 years
- Innovation Catalyst
- Two of PitchBook's core values are Embrace and Drive Change and Focus on Focus. You will apply these values to focus the marketing teams on the programs that create impact and deliver on the plan. Doing so will require continued evolution, testing and innovation to reach customers in new ways. You will need to continually measure program effectiveness and explore new ways of communicating internally and externally as the company continues to grow and expand
- Hands-on, strategic leader with experience building, mentoring, coaching and scaling a large team
- You must be able to develop a deep understanding of the PitchBook product and use cases and the PitchBook client base, specifically the private financial markets
- Demonstrated experience driving brand, public relations, SEO, social, demand generation, product marketing and strategic partnership programs
- You must be driven by excellence, highly organized, intelligent, self-motivated and have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to understand what is – or isn't – working and act on those insights
- 20+ years of marketing experience. This is a senior management role requiring excellent people and management skills to partner with executive leadership, team members, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Servant leader. Team player!