VP, Product Marketing
Amperity is a rapidly growing technology company led by repeat entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders and technologists. Our expertise in large-scale data management, enterprise software, and machine learning has empowered us to innovate and build a paradigm-shifting solution to one of consumer brands’ most fundamental challenges today. Every brand is striving to have a more personal relationship with their customers, but the data they possess about these customers is scattered throughout disparate systems.
Enter Amperity. We have created a platform that can rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale, which powers our customers to make smart decisions and bring their best ideas to life. Amperity commercially launched our signature product in September 2017 and has already made significant customer traction with incredible consumer businesses like Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Gap, Moet Hennessy USA, TGI Fridays, Kendra Scott, and Wynn Las Vegas to name a few. We believe that the technology at the core of our offering will set the standard for how forward-thinking companies manage their customer data.
We stay connected through our values. We play for each other. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We're growing this company not for own personal gain, but for each other. We build for durability. That means creating something worth creating, that will endure the test of time. We do this by relentlessly focusing on our customers' success, building high-quality systems, and planning for long-term scale. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. We focus on making things better, today. We're hungry, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at Amperity. When faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Come join us.
The RoleAs the Vice President of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for building Amperity’s positioning for our product strategy and communicating our story to the marketplace. You will research the customer data market, anticipate market trends, be the expert on our ideal buyer persona and guide our product strategy through our next phase of growth. You will also articulate a clear, consistent, and creative value proposition for our target markets, while acting as the glue between our demand generation, sales and product teams. You lead and drive our pricing and packaging strategy as the organization grows and scales. You will also have a proven track record of delivering successful results in the same or similar position at another B2B software company. Responsibilities
- Build The Team: Build and mentor an organization capable of driving initiatives successfully across the company. Recruit, select, develop, coach and counsel a strong product marketing team. Develop team accountabilities and performance expectations.
- Know The Market: Remain educated on the competitive landscape and Amperity’s performance to anticipate market trends and customer needs. Develop competitive intelligence, threat assessment, actionable insights and associated timelines.
- Package/Price our Solutions: Create the strategy for how our product assets are packaged, priced and launched as solutions that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Enable The Sales Teams: Develop creative positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas and equip our sales teams with the tools and training they need to execute sales in the market.
- Evangelize: Act as a trusted advisor and visible presence that positively influences our Sales, Partner, Customer and Analyst communities.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience building and leading top tier product marketing teams.
- Experience marketing enterprise SaaS software. With domain expertise in CRM, MarTech, BI/Analytics, and/or MDM.
- Actionable insight on the pain points that large enterprise companies are looking to solve for, particularly as it relates to Purchase Experience. Must have the technical depth to understand the merits of approaches for solving them.
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills with a track record of successfully interfacing with executives and gaining ‘buy-in’ for program proposals.
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability.
- Easily builds business partnerships and inspires team members.
- Strong written, verbal, editing, and presentation skills.
- You are a self-starter; you have a passion for building and growing organizations.
- You are innovative, can think out of the box and are willing to try new things.
- The ideal candidate has a BS undergrad, preferably in computer science or mathematics and an MBA.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Please see below to apply directly or contact [email protected] for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.