Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As VP of Strategic Communications you will be responsible for evangelizing Outreach’s category and platform strategy and market leadership position. Reporting to the CMO, this role will be accountable for developing and executing our Strategic Communications strategy including brand, PR and media relations, analyst relations, strategic content operations, social communications, executive communications, crisis/ issues management, and internal communications. At the foundation of this role is the understanding that the digital disruption of the sales function is accelerating, compelling sales leaders to seek new solutions to drive predictable, efficient growth. Educating the market, aligning customer expectations with our category point of view, and creating a sense of inevitability for modern sales platforms are key to your success.
You are an innovative thinker and master storyteller, rooted in a strategic understanding of the enterprise software sector and a passion for Outreach’s mission and values. You deeply understand the levers available to drive market awareness and perception. You will build the strategy, framework, and plan for the strategic communications organization. You must have strong and respected relationships with the media, particularly in technology and finance. You’ve proven that you are accustomed to a high-pressure environment where you can traverse between leading, influencing, and becoming hands-on to get the job done with agility.
You are a leader with demonstrated success empowering high performing teams and partnering across executive levels to make things happen quickly and at scale. You are an attractor and cultivator of talent. And you are able to balance short, mid, and longer term goals to build a communications engine that serves the business today and sets the foundation for future success and scale.
Location: We are open to remote in the USA with ability to travel when needed.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Developing and operationalizing the strategic communications center of excellence. You will be responsible for the Outreach brand, strategic content, PR and media relations, social media, industry and financial analyst relations, crisis and issues management, executive communications, and internal communications.
- Ensuring the market yearns for Outreach's innovations. Your team will raise awareness and educate the market on our category, industry point of view, and platform value proposition. Success will look like industry analysts and key media figures adopting our language and POV as their own, higher volumes of customers searching for our solutions, and competitors copying our moves.
- Evolving the brand. We pride ourselves on the speed of our product innovation, and your team will equal that with their pace of innovation of the Outreach brand. Your team will ensure that the brand excites the imagination of our target personas, making it simple for them to understand what we stand for, what we do, and how our solutions can immediately help them improve their sales.
- Telling the Outreach story through customer successes. Your team will put customers out in front in PR, AR, social media, and strategic content to amplify the business value and transformative impact of Outreach's solutions through the lenses of their own experiences.
- Socializing and influencing. Outreach has a strong social presence, and your team will orchestrate the execution of the social media strategy and engagement plan for the company, including evolving the framework to guide tone, content and approach for each channel. Your team will advance Outreach’s thought leadership position leveraging original research from Outreach’s global innovation evangelist. They will also operationalize an executive thought leadership strategy with unique topics per spokesperson, delivering hits through media pitches, byline content placements, and social media engagement.
- Ensuring our employees are informed. Your team will be responsible for establishing the cadences and guiding principles for how we talk to our employees and keep them informed through internal communications. Your team will partner with HR and the leadership team to manage a calendar of communications and orchestrate the execution of key communications events.
- Being prepared to gracefully manage issues or crisis situations. Your team will maintain policies and protocols for supporting the leadership team should proactive or reactive crisis management or issue response be required.
- 15+ years experience in Corporate Communications, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, or Analyst Relations leadership roles.
- Experience building and managing high performing teams.
- In-house leadership experience in high-growth B2B technology vendors required. Blend of agency and client-side experience desirable.
- Ability to help create and articulate an inspiring and clear vision for external communications.
- Experience “influencing the influencers” to help drive category creation and lead the market in a new direction through strategy, thought leadership, and customer advocacy.
- Experience in strategic and executive communications supporting senior leaders.
- Experience creating a work environment that celebrates diversity, equity & inclusion, and drives execution for Outreach programs that drive meaningful change.
- Highly strategic yet hands-on, able to balance long term strategy with short term results.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills; an inspiring leader that can scale and manage a high-impact team.
- Track record of attracting and retaining top talent, motivating the team, delegating effectively as appropriate, and managing performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience required.
Outreach is the number one Engagement and Intelligence platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage. Outreach helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers. A commissioned Forrester study highlights how the company provides customers with an industry-leading ROI of 387 percent over three years and a payback period of fewer than three months since initial investment.
Outreach’s culture is what truly sets the company apart. We were just voted one of the happiest companies in the U.S. by Comparably (along with one of the best for work/life balance, benefits, best leadership teams, and best CEO for women and diversity). We also made Inc.’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row. Outreach's great workplace culture has also been recognized in Seattle Business Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Washington. Its exceptional growth was recognized by Deloitte last year, receiving the prestigious Technology Fast 500 award, which ranked Outreach the fourth fastest-growing technology company in North America. Outreach was also named to the Forbes' Cloud 100 and LinkedIn's Top Startups list and recently was ranked number one in G2s “Best Products for Sales.”
Visit https://www.outreach.io/company/working-at-outreach to learn more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status