VP/Dir, Corporate Communications at EagleView
EagleView is transforming the way companies use the data about the physical world in which they operate, by delivering more accuracy and context in a constantly changing world. EagleView combines imagery that reveals the finest and most important details with computer vision to help companies gain actionable insights into any location-from anywhere. By delivering timely comprehensive answers to complex questions, EagleView helps professionals across different industries improve people's lives and make informed decisions for the present and future.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated and experienced Vice President of Corporate Communications with a track record of putting companies on the map and shaping positive influencer sentiment and thought leadership. In this role, you will own the development of all corporate public relations (PR) campaigns aimed at technology and financial market influencers, and customer audiences. You will also support the Chief Product and Marketing Officer in developing messaging to communicate the vision externally and internally and foster cross-functional engagement and enthusiasm for EagleView's business priorities.
As Vice President of Communications, you will be responsible for increasing the visibility of the company's technology innovation, thought leadership, traction in key industry segments, and corporate responsibility initiatives, and help position its C-suite in the market and social media.
This role requires direct and frequent interaction with the company's executive staff, and an ability to collaborate at a strategic and tactical level. You will work day-to-day with EagleView product marketing managers, product managers, operations and other functions to develop content. You will draw inspiration from our customers to develop stories which are unique and captivating. You will interface with industry influencers, trade press, PR agencies and customers as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment and remains cool under pressure. You're a captivating storyteller that knows how to craft a message to appeal to different audiences. Most importantly, you are a gifted writer who enjoys writing copy and can do so in different voices. You're media savvy and know how to structure influencer and media briefings to ensure that the company's narrative is landed consistently and accurately. You have expertise pitching stories and are persistent.
- Author and execute the annual PR plan.
- Define, track and report on PR and communications key performance indicators.
- Provide strategic public relations counsel to company executives.
- Proactively identify, pitch and follow-up on media opportunities to generate national and regional earned media coverage that meets EagleView goals.
- Secure brand press coverage in top-tier print, digital and broadcast media.
- Schedule media briefings with key company executives and prepare them the necessary materials and pre-brief.
- Train company spokespeople to ensure messaging is consistently and accurately communicated.
- Lead crisis management communications activities as necessary including the development of supporting written content.
- Identify and apply for all relevant award opportunities and product reviews.
- Write /edit various PR content and press releases.
- Lead and manage the relationship with the PR and Communications agency of record.
- 10+ years of public relations agency experience developing and executing public relations strategies for national accounts (or equivalent Corporate PR experience).
- BA in Communications/Marketing. MBA a plus.
- Success developing multi-faceted public relations strategies to support corporate communications and product communications objectives.
- Well-developed relationships with media contacts and tech trade publications in national and regional markets.
- Experience with crisis management communications.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills; ability to distill and present complex information into clear, concise and engaging communications.
- Determined and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and unpredictable work environment.
- Excellent judgment and ability to juggle multiple assignments.
- Team player skilled at collaborating with different functional roles, at different roles.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making agility in fast paced environments.
- Learning and growth mindset; able to thrive and grow in an enormous amount of ongoing change.