API Support Engineer at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
We are looking for an API Support Engineer to become a subject matter expert (SME) supporting our API and the many ways our customers have implemented it. You will troubleshoot issues with our API in specific, and customer API integrations in general. This position will work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, and customer support to troubleshoot customer-facing API integration issues. This API SME will act as a backstop for technical support, and may individually consult with customers to better understand existing gaps. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in both the technical and non-technical fields and comfortable building relationships with our clients.
What's you'll be working on:
- Deliver exceptional API technical support to Zipwhip API customers and escalation API support for internal teams
- Build and maintain API support documentation both internal and external users
- Participate in cross-functional teams to improve processes and support product design and release.
- Solve problems independently and creatively
- Build out sample API code integrations
- Provide support to Zipwhip Developer Portal
- Educate customers and internal teams on Zipwhip APIs
- Mentor internal teams on troubleshooting techniques, process, systems integration, and database support
- Perform other duties as assigned
The skills you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent in a technical support environment
- Working knowledge of HTTP, XML, JSON, MySQL, REST APIs, Webhooks, cURL, Programming principles, and data structures, Linux systems
- Familiarity with JetBrains IDE’s, Postman, Confluence, Jira Salesforce/Service Cloud is preferred.
- Experience supporting highly available, and widely utilized public, APIs
- Comfortable creating POC scripts to meet customer needs
- Eagerness to learn Zipwhip products
- Demonstrates good judgment in creating solutions
- High technical proficiency and excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Clear and effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a customer-centric mindset
- Strong attention to detail and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, proactive at identifying and resolving issues, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Demonstrate the ability to advocate improvements as a Voice of the Customer ambassador.
- Familiar with wireless networks and industry is preferred
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.