API Support Engineer
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an API Support Engineer to become a subject matter expert (SME) in supporting and helping sell our API offerings. This position will work with operations to troubleshoot API related issues as well as work with sales to collaborate on how to best implement our solutions. Will also act as an API SME backstop for technical support in both pre- and post- sales, and individually consult with customers to identify existing gaps. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in both the technical and non-technical field and comfortable building relationships with our clients.
What's the job really?
- Provide world-class customer service during pre-sales, implementation, and post-sales support activities
- Collaborate with sales team to determine sales strategies
- Educate the client on how our Zipwhip API works
- Manage and publish API documentation
- Work with customers on troubleshooting API issues
- Solve problems independently and creatively
- Build out sample API code integrations
- Provide technical expertise in sales presentations over the phone and in person
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Experience implementing a public API
- Eagerness to learn Zipwhip products
- Effective written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates good judgement in creating solutions
- Telecom experience is a plus
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.