Associate Director, Transportation Planning at Chewy
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director of Transportation Planning with a strong delivery record and experience owning and managing strategic, cross-functional transportation projects. This high-visibility role will require influencing business and tech teams across the company to standup new processes and functionality. This role will own development of the short-term and long-term inbound volume forecasts by origin and destination. This role will interface between the S&OP, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Transportation and Operations teams bringing continuity to the inbound program.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage the short term and long tern inbound lane volume forecast which includes domestic and ocean volume.
- Working closely with the Demand Planning, Supply Planning, S&OP and Transportation Teams build a world class volume forecasting tool that is capable of accurately predicting the number of inbound loads per origin/destination pair.
- Work with various technology teams to enhance reporting/visibility related to inbound transportation.
- Align multiple Chewy organizations to the inbound flow plan to ensure full optimization of assets.
- Provide strategic leadership across multiple Chewy organizations as we work to optimize both domestic and international inbound freight.
- Leading cross-functional project teams, planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects.
- Lead the identification of trends, factors and KPI’s with the objective of reducing variable fulfillment cost per unit.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 7+ years supply chain experience, specifically in transportation or operations
- Strong understanding of inbound volume planning.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of solutioning
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- A strong bias for action and the ability to coordinate across cross-functional team’s
- A proven track record of driving change and delivering results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization.