Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About Brokerage Operations:
Brokerage Operations is critical to Convoy's success. The Brokerage Ops team is the bridge between the old way of connecting shippers to carriers (buy low, sell high), and the new way (instantly matching the right truck for each shipment). Brokerage Ops is one of the teams that truly manages both sides of the marketplace at Convoy. We ensure that the freight we take is healthy for marketplace building and then make sure we find the best truck for the job as quickly as possible. We have the ability to sell freight quickly and negotiate effectively, simultaneously introducing the technology that will help trucking companies streamline & scale their business. The team comprises people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking. We've had great people join us from logistics backgrounds, tech sales, NCAA coaching, military, operations, commodities trading, and plenty of others. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as outcome orientation, hustle, humility, and great communication.
You are eager to lead at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. Hitting goals and leveling up your team, light you up! You are a problem solver and a generalist who hugs the line between sales and ops. You are good at process improvement & negotiations. You can think strategically and can also roll up your sleeves. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
- Manage a local marketplace, balancing supply and demand at a lane & corridor level
- Prioritize, price and market shipments on a tight schedule
- Work directly with carriers in real time to match shipments at the best rate to the market
- Source, develop and manage expectations for Carriers
- Problem solve on the front lines of your marketplace for real-time shipments; coordinating customer shipment needs between external and internal stakeholders
- Identify trends in data and analyze the root causes in order to recommend product changes and/or process improvements
- Troubleshoot logistical issues, and execute on contingencies based on circumstances
- Support new geographic, program & freight expansion initiatives
- Understand, track and communicate marketplace health
- Occasionally work outside your own marketplace to support nationwide success
- Provide support and guidance to internal operations and sales team members
- Assist teammates with escalated issues; mentor and train new team members
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of operations or client facing experience; preferably in transportation
- Great written and cross-functional communication skills
- Ability to self motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks while delivering results in a collaborative, start-up environment
- Quick decision making with confident negotiation skills
- Ability to maneuver in ambiguous situations with frequent change and growth
- Experience in Excel, SQL, or startup/tech is preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!