Business Continuity Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Location(s): US, Remote
Organization and Team
The Workplace Services (WPS) organization is responsible for curating and sustaining our unique ServiceNow work environments around the world, helping to bring our purpose to life in the physical sense. We own the full life cycle of our physical workplaces, from ‘ideation to expiration’, and we are a key influencer of the employee experience by way of our workspaces, services and amenities. Through our Business Continuity Management Program Office we continuously prepare to mitigate any number of events that could impact our critical business operations; we help to satisfy our obligations to employees, customers, partners, and others when an emergency or crisis threatens or occurs; and, we help to do that which is necessary to resume critical business operations after an emergency or crisis.
As a Business Continuity Manager you are responsible for evolving and maintaining the Business Continuity Management program for ServiceNow, working cross-functionally and vertically. You help the company ensure the resiliency of operations though the existence of actionable and flexible plans, guidelines and procedures in place at all times.
What you get to do in this role:
You will report to the Senior Program Manager of Business Continuity Management and help carry out our mission of resiliency. You will hold responsibilities across the entire spectrum of business continuity, disaster recover, and crisis management duties including but not limited to;
- Assist with conducting and managing Business Impact Analysis and risk assessments for key business functions
- Facilitate and gather requirements to develop and maintain Business Continuity plans
- Discover, analyze, and certify the alignment of business recovery requirements with IT recovery capabilities to ensure plans are sound
- Plan and conduct Functional and Table-top business continuity exercises in order to validate recovery strategies and test business continuity plans
- Develop a comprehensive testing roadmap and conduct tests that include coordinated recoveries with business operations; develop reports and action plans
- Provide subject matter expertise to different business functions and workplace projects ensuring high availability, appropriate risk mitigation, and recoverability that conforms to business needs
- Work collaboratively with technology teams to identify potential technology resilience risks in project initiatives
- Collaborate with vendor management team and provide vendor assessment support from BC/DR perspective
- Provide support during emergencies, incidents or crises that require the activation of crisis or continuity plans
- Manage lifecycle for crisis incidents including declaration, activation, monitoring and RCA
- Assist in other projects/activities as required to maintain the Business Continuity Program
- Perform business continuity program self-assessment (annual) as per ISO 22301 and other business continuity standards (FFIEC etc.) in order to assess program maturity, identify gaps, and build yearly roadmap for the program.
- Develop and socialize Business Resiliency training for the enterprise
- Maintain documentation for review by auditors and regulators
- Provide general compliance and internal/external audit support to other ServiceNow teams and customers
- Develop and implement program management KPI’s, benchmarks, and measurements
- Innovate and stay ahead of our customers’ needs while ensuring we are developing solutions that scale and are forward thinking.
- Be a key partner to the business and other internal organizations such as Global Talent, IT, Communications and Branding to help drive collaboration, strategy, problem solving and communications
- Maintain business continuity documentation, plans, BIA, and testing results in the BCM tool
- Serve as a resident expert on all things BCM at ServiceNow
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Hold one or more relevant industry certifications – CBCP, CBCI etc.
- Clear understanding of BCM from the business perspective rather than purely technical
- 4-6 years of BCM experience including program management
- Consulting, Cloud, or SaaS company experience is preferred
- Experience with BCM software and tools (Maestro, BCM, Archer etc.)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Be “customer first” in both macro and micro environments
- Exhibit strong analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills. Be a proven creative thinker with a problem-solving approach
- Experience in root cause analysis, industry benchmarking, survey evaluation and data interpretation
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across various audiences, technical and otherwise
Professional Experience/Skills Preferred
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment and hyper growth organizations
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and use of our business solutions
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Business applications
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.