Chief Operations Officer at Subsplash
Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 100+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we pioneered the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 9,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Role
The COO will be part of the core leadership team on overall Subsplash company strategy and direction. This is a newly created position due to growth and will serve as a strategic business partner to Tim Turner, CEO, to oversee day-to-day business operations enabling him to focus more on product vision/roadmap, thought leadership/influence, maintaining top culture and key strategic partnerships. The COO role will provide business coaching, mentorship and leadership development to functional leaders enabling Subsplash to scale positive impact to millions of more users.
Top 3 key outcomes in the first year include:
- Executive team is inspired & delivering results – Tim/CEO would say a majority of his time is now spent on top 3-4 high impact areas that play well to his strengths and provide the most leverage for Subsplash. Executive team leaders are also inspired working at peak performance levels as a winning team. Balanced mix of business coaching, leadership mentoring and business results/KPI accountability. Earn trust and respect through humility and passion for the mission.
- Shared strategic vision - Provide focus and shared goals on overall company key performance indicators (KPIs) and future company roadmap. Facilitate overall company vision across leadership team, provide clarity and unity on the shared vision and how this practically impacts each department and strategic trade-offs.
- Operational best practices – Optimize written business systems and execution on key projects and related reporting at a team, department and Board level. Continually look for ways to be more efficient, deliver clear financial and business forecasting, new project review methodology, and ensure Subsplash can continue hiring top talent. Provide a solid foundation for Subsplash to scale in size & impact.
- Oversee operations of the Subsplash’s business objectives to ensure they produce the desired results that are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Work with CEO to build strategic vision, focus on high level planning of long-term business goals
- Will help successfully lead M&A integrations for potential acquired companies
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Lead and mentor key leadership team to advance employee engagementdevelop a high performing managerial team; Business coaching approach &mindset
- Drive cross functional alignment between sales, product, operations, and R&D
- Synthesize due diligence findings and reports for communication to CEO and Board
- Understand key risks and opportunities
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trusted relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- COO or in a senior executive position track record at a high growth/enterprise software/SaaS company; Track record going through rapid revenue and team ramp up (organic & M&A) (preferred)
- Breadth of experience owning P&L and providing leadership across sales, product, finance, marketing, operations, customer support, HR & recruiting, engineering and R&D for a fast-growing software company
- Prior M&A/integration experience
- Team leadership experience of 100+ with experience scaling up to 300+ FTEs while preserving culture; strong mentoring, business coaching and leadership development approach; Balance art & science of inspiring teams and creating a culture of accountability and performance
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, budgeting and performance management principles
- Highly data-driven and metrics focused leader with a history of implementing best in class marketing processes and systems to enable effective high growth
- Deep operational experience in building and scaling high performing sales teams
- Passion for delighting customer and creating a “best places to work” culture; models Subsplash culture values of Humility, Excellence and Innovation and inspired by the mission and chance to make a difference in millions of lives
- Vertical industry insight selling solutions to churches or faith-based non-profits (preferred)
- Insight into high-velocity/SMB/high-transactional sales engine (preferred)
- Industry insight with CRM, vertical platforms, mobile apps, website development, payments, content/media, or project management technology solutions (preferred)
- Experience working for an entrepreneurial & visionary Founder/CEO (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field; MBA (preferred)
LOCATION: Seattle, WA (Interbay neighborhood near Queen Anne)
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and;
Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.