Chief of Staff
This role is a leadership position on the Enterprise Solutions team with significant exposure to our Senior Vice President and the Leadership Team. In this exciting role, you will collaborate with a broad range of key stakeholders. You have an immediate impact on our business and have the ability to advance in an exciting, fast-paced area of the travel industry. Deep exposure to every facet of our business will allow you to gain a General Manager’s perspective. If you thrive in environments that are dynamic, action-oriented and data-driven, and you relish in conquering diverse challenges every single day, this role is likely to be the most rewarding opportunity of your career!
What you’ll do:
- Strategy Development: Own the strategic planning process. Establish a process, gain alignment with key stakeholders, and drive the annual strategic planning process. Collaborate and coordinate with the team, including the SVP and internal partners to align each business unit’s strategies to support the overall company’s strategy. You will also work closely with Finance for Quarterly Business Reviews to report out on the state of the business and how it’s tracking toward our strategy.
- Rhythm of Business: Own leadership team meetings, organize offsites, and track adoption and status of key results as our OKR champion. You will be responsible for distilling and communicating relevant topics to the Leadership Team to be cascaded into the organization.
- Synthesis, Recommendations and Execution: Synthesize information from multiple sources to generate insights and recommendations on business strategies and execute select projects. You actively communicate found insights & recommendations to the Leadership Team on a regular cadence.
- Special Projects: Execute internal consulting engagements that are broadly defined and result in important decisions regarding our business strategy. Examples may include building a framework for centralized function support, determining end-to-end partner reporting process, go-to-market strategy by segment, etc.
- Org Planning & Management: Manage the organizational planning process, including headcount forecasting, resource request intake and overall allocation of resources to align with the business' needs.
- Other Internal Communications: Lead all other organization-wide communications to ensure the broader team is up to date with activities of the business through events like Town Halls. You also work with and across teams to maintain high team morale.
- Training: Work with leadership and training teams to develop training curriculum across functions of Enterprise Solutions.
- Operational Reporting: Partner with teams across EPS to develop and ensure consistent operational reporting cadence is in place across teams.
- Partner Satisfaction: Own the Partner Satisfaction customer service survey approach and ensure action plans across teams are in place.
- Rate Your Stay: Lead the Culture Club team to develop and execute Rate Your Stay action plans to ensure we are constantly building a healthy team culture.
Who you are:
- To be successful in this position, you will have experience with a top tier management consulting firm and/or in an in-house consulting role at a company that is of similar size and complexity.
- If you are a curious and intuitive self-starter, you will be well positioned to ideate and execute against key strategic initiatives across all Enterprise Solutions business units.
- This role requires to you to be proactive in understanding many of the initiatives and work across the organization in order to connect the dots and help the business run in an efficient way.
- B2B or partnership experience a plus, MBA preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.