Client Platform Engineer
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
You will take ownership of:
- Drive the process of evaluating, deciding on and implementing a Device Management solution for our fleet of macOS device.
- You will design & build a zero touch macOS deployment strategy.
- Maintain the day to day operations of our macOS fleet including application deployment and settings distribution.
- Work as the escalation point between various support teams for issues on the client platform.
- Drive client security model and best practices in an enterprise environment.
- Manage transition plans for major upgrades or patches.
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Strong collaboration skills to help drive operational best practices and help teams raise the bar.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and root cause issues across our IT environment.
- The ability to dive deep into new technologies and learn quickly.
- You have proficiency with at least one scripting language (bash/Python/ruby/Swift).
- 8+ years administering macOS in an Enterprise environment of over 500 devices.
- 3+ years working working with an Apple EMM/MDM solution such as Jamf Pro Or Airwatch.
- Working knowledge of related systems and technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SAML, SCIM, 801.2x, WiFi, PKI, Command Line System Management.
- Working knowledge Apple Device Management solutions (DEP, VPP, Apple Business Manager).
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative finance professional who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description