Client Success Manager at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.Job Description
What We Do: PayScale's Client Success org helps our clients utilize our products, services, and data to develop better pay strategies for their organizations. Our Client Success teams (Client Success Management, Implementation, Professional Services, Client Programs, Client Support, and Client Operations) work cross-functionally not only to ensure a seamless client lifecycle, but also to help them reach their business goals, proving the return on investment of their PayScale solution(s).
What You Do: As a Client Success Manager (CSM) you will work with our clients to understand their current and future compensation objectives and ensure they achieve the maximum value from the products and services. You work with the client directly in order to maximize the value they realize with our solutions; engaging from post-sale through renewal, making sure the customer is moving forward toward their own business goals at each step. You're successful in this role because you have a high degree of curiosity, communicate effectively, are a self-starter, possess strong business discernment, with an aptitude to stretch, learn, develop, and (at times) navigate difficult conversations.
Day-in-the-Life: As a CSM, a typical day may include the following…
- Build strategic relationships across multiple levels; including executive level decision makers
- Develop trusted adviser relationships with clients to ensure goals are aligned from a business strategy perspective
- Identify and track goal metrics in partnership with the client to drive clients' value
- Drive adoption to achieve renewals, expansions, and upsell opportunities by utilizing knowledge of client goals
- Serve as client advocate by providing internal feedback on how we can maximize value and resolve concerns with energy
- Maintain a deep understanding of PayScale product/data offerings and position the most relevant features/functionality for clients' specific goals
- Utilize technology such as Gainsight, Salesforce, and other applications to document and support client lifecycle
- May partner with Sales team to assist with reference introductions
- 2 + or more years relevant experience in Compensation, Customer Success, or Account Management with renewal and upsell responsibility in a SaaS or Tech organization is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to balance moderate to sophisticated accounts
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time
- Time Management: Proven organizational/time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Problem Solving: A self- starter with a love for problem solving, building innovative solutions, and an ability to see the “big picture”
- Accountability: Desire to be responsible for an outcome and the ability to accept and apply mentoring and feedback
- Rapport Building: Strong relational skills to establish strong rapport within multiple levels of customer organizations
- Overcoming Objections: An aptitude for conducting tough conversations, including overcoming objections and a knack for keeping clients accountable to reaching their definition of success
- Communication: Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with an ability to interact at all levels in an organization including staff, management, and executives
Meet Your Manager: Scott Gordon! Scott is equally as passionate about building his team's skillsets as he is with helping clients reach their business objectives. You'll find him partnering with a team member, spinning ideas on how to best approach a client situation, or meeting cross-functionally on how to present a new idea to the team. Scott started his career at PayScale as a CSM in 2016, has worked in the SMB, Enterprise, and Key segments, and lead multiple teams during his tenure.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Phone interview with our Talent Acquisition Team
- Phone interview with Hiring Manager
- Individual video interviews with team
- Follow-up interviews as needed
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.