Collections Specialist Temporary
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
This role is a part time temporary position, 20-30 hours per week.
What We Do: We are an upbeat Accounting team and we are looking for someone to join us on the collections side of the department. To keep up with the PayScale team and customers’ demands, you bring a high level of enthusiasm and desire to serve. You are a constant learner, detail oriented, and a self-starter who believes in top quality results.
What You Do: As part of our Accounting team, your duties will include Collections, Accounts Receivable, and other accounting tasks. This position requires independent task management as well as excellent communication and active listening skills, to be able to work efficiently with both internal employees and external customers in a dynamic fast-paced working environment.
- Perform courtesy reach-out contacts to customers via phone and email and monitor client account activities for delayed payments.
- Reconcile any invoice discrepancies and respond to customer queries.
- Actively maintain an up-to-date report of open invoices and account activities on the accounting and CRM software.
- Communicate with employees and/or customers to resolve any billing issues.
- Set daily priorities based on open AR and activity history.
- Partner with your manager to report and analyze A/R data to build meaningful action items and priorities.
- Create weekly collection goals using all of available data, such as Receivables balance, collection trends, DSO, seasonality of sales and renewals.
- Identify areas of opportunities to increase efficiencies, improve performance and reduce costs.
- 3+ years of AR or B2B Collection experience
- You have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience with using NetSuite and Salesforce is a plus
- You have superior communication, time management, and customer service skills
- You are comfortable negotiating and reviewing payment terms with customers and collaborating with fellow employees
- A self-starter with strong attention to details and analytical skills
- Ability to meet set goals with minimal supervision
- Basic understanding of GAAP and Revenue concepts
Meet Your Manager:
This position reports to Saut Sinaga, Sr. Manager of Financial Analysis. Saut is responsible for managing the revenue operations at PayScale and loves building new process to increase efficiency. Saut's experience prior to PayScale was working with an international cement company as part of their Numbers Team.
Saut's favorite thing about PayScale is the people that he gets to interact with on a daily basis.
Saut leadership style is inclusive and hands-off as he provides a platform for his team to share ideas, improve process, and grow/learn together.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
Temporary employees are eligible for some benefits.
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.