At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Person
A core part of what we’re building at Assurance is a large network of on-demand independent insurance agents who access our platform to connect with interested consumers. As we build the future of insurance and financial services, our Agent Success Manager (called User Engagement Specialist (UES) internally) role is at the core of our agent support team, seeing new agents through from onboarding to success on the Assurance platform. This means the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where they are asked to wear multiple hats, be comfortable with change and working independently, and have a bias for action. This job requires an approach that welcomes challenges as exhilarating opportunities to overcome and achieve. Customer service, analytics, and communication skills will always be top of mind for you, as you’ll be working with agents in many stages of their life on the Assurance platform.
This is ideal for an experienced Medicare agent that would like to use their Medicare background to build and support the agent community.
- Act as an ambassador, relationship manager, primary point of contact, and Medicare expert for Independent Medicare Agents. You will spend most of your time (80%+) in an agent-facing capacity building relationships and providing real time, best-in-class support that ensures success.
- Nurture, build, and cultivate agent partnerships. Meet with individual agents to share the Assurance value proposition.
- Manage the day-to-day activities associated with the onboarding of new independent agents. Know and support new agents through the onboarding training steps. Schedule meetings and help manage calendars for agents being onboarded, along with supporting your Onboarding Success Manager’s schedules as needed.
- Help maintain and update documentation for the onboarding process.
- Support agents with weekly and/or daily calls. Regularly provide community messaging to help morale, keep agents up to date, and provide general agent support. Review any KPI’s or questions from agents on their performance and how to improve.
- Offer over-the-phone training or coaching to agents as needed. Direct agents to training and technical support on all related systems and applications where needed.
- Leverage marketing and sales tools to identify solutions to serve the agent community.
- Regularly pull reports from Salesforce, Looker (or similar BI tools) and monitor stages of the prospective agents to better determine where to focus efforts.
- Review current processes to determine if they are efficient and effective. Make recommendations for process improvements. Develop and participate in the implementation of new systems and processes.
- Resolve process-related, procedural problems, and inquiries. Manage & update operational procedures for various areas within Assurance.
- Develop relationships with targeted prospects to meet short-term and long-term sales objectives
The be successful in this role, you must possess:
- 3-5 years as a Medicare agent
- 1-2 years of experience as a community manager, operations coordinator, sales ops, or other similar role.
- Excitement around identifying challenges and implementing solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and community management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and familiarity with Salesforce, applicant tracking software, project management software, and/or other business intelligence tools.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
The following additional is highly desired:
- Prior experience in an administrative role in a startup or young company preferred.
- Experience working with on-demand networks preferred.
- Experience within a startup or a company that is scaling quickly preferred.
Read Full Job Description