The successful candidate for the Compliance Analyst (Cloud Security) role will engage in a consulting/support role with business unit, engineering, and operations leaders to support Avalara’s growing compliance and regulatory requirements. The Compliance Analyst will support the establishment, evaluation, and reporting upon controls in our SaaS Operations and IT environments.
You’ll be supporting our global compliance initiatives, continually evaluating our current processes for effectiveness and efficiency improvements and execute on these opportunities. The successful candidate will establish relationships with our internal and external clients, socializing and enforcing technical policies, procedures, standards, and controls. A thorough understanding of audit methodologies and experience in complex enterprise environment will be valuable experience for the right candidate.
- Support compliance assessments across a broad range of programs, including: SSAE18 SOC 1 or SOC 2, SOX 404, etc.
- Provide guidance around the following IT process areas: logical access, IT operations, and change management
- Execute design and operating effectiveness reviews, including reporting and developing remediation recommendations
- Develop, define and communicate training material and policies relating to our compliance activities
- Develop and coordinate legal/compliance, operational controls, and associated metrics to measure success.
- Initiate interaction with business partners to research and identify alternatives which will provide cost savings and/or increased operating efficiencies
- Monitors and suggests process improvements for all tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Professional experience participating in SOC 1 or SOC 2 audits
- Understanding of audit process and methodologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Experience with COBIT, COSO, or Sarbanes-Oxley requirements with respect to IT systems and processes, business operations, or financial accounting
- Experience translating legal or contractual requirements into technical controls is highly desired
- Knowledge or experience with any of the following areas: identity and access management, cloud hosting providers (AWS, Azure), or system development & testing
- Knowledge of ISO 27000 series certifications, CSA STAR, PCI-DSS, NACHA, etc.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIA, QSA, ISA
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.