Corporate Travel Consultant
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
Egencia Corporate Travel Center services both domestic and international reservations. The individuals chosen for this position will have a passion for the travel industry, be self-motivated, articulate, with strong interpersonal skills all while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
What you’ll do
- Arranging/booking travel including: air, rail, hotel, car and alternate ground transportation
- Promote and maintain excellent client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response with positive telephone and service techniques
- Actively recommend to clients efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking class, exchange rates and travel products/services
- Research and solve any problems related to reservations
- Prepare thorough trip itineraries as requested by individual travelers using preferred vendors
- Act as the first point of contact for the client regarding all travel related inquiries
- Effectively manage resources and workflow to ensure service guidelines are met and maintained
- Demonstrates a highly professional attitude and personal presentation in all verbal and written communications
Who you are
- You have direct experience in the travel/hospitality industry with ability to assist in all aspects of arranging/booking travel
- You are proficient with Sabre GDS systems (ability to read, define and apply fare rules, taxes and hub utilization)
- You can effectively use all computer systems and tools to ensure consistency and adherence to processes and procedures
- You have a team first mentality and can collaborate in a diverse and multicultural environment
- You are capable of effectively prioritizing and multi-tasking while maintaining exemplary detail accuracy under pressure
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-pace/high-volume work environment
- You consistently provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism
- You have a high level of productivity and are able to work efficiently combined with creative problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work any shift M-F between 7:45am – 6pm PST
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.