CS Operations Analyst at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What We Do: Customer Success (CS) Operations is at the heart of driving results for our 8000+ customers. We use data and technology to exceed customer and company goals and support critical business functions. We focus on driving customer success, impacting revenue, and building scalable business processes through automation, optimization of engagement models and tools, business intelligence reporting, and CS enablement.
What You Do: We are seeking a CS Operations Analyst to partner with teams across the organization to provide visibility into the performance of the business and provide real time data informed insights that drive value based decisions. This role will directly support executive leadership through business intelligence analysis and reporting and build a foundation of company wide data accessibility.
Day-in-the-Life: As a CS Operations Analyst, a typical day may include the following…
- Designing, executing, and managing consistent and insightful analysis and reporting for activities and goals of the organization.
- Development of key dashboards and data visualizations that effectively engage users and clearly communicate insights, opportunities, and risks.
- Creation and support of executive level weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Working with multi-functional teams to develop data-driven tactics and programs that enable customers and help achieve renewal and growth goals.
- Working with CS and Data/Engineering to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business.
- Serve as a data and analytics subject-matter expert in CS.
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You will have developed a solid understanding of our existing metrics, reports, and dashboards and be able to keep them refreshed. You will have established relationships with key leaders and teams in the organization.
- Month 6: You will be actively running and iterating on existing reports and dashboards and beginning to build tools to address known gaps. You will be conducting analysis and developing insights in support of renewal and retention programs.
- Month 12: You will fully own CS executive reporting and business intelligence analysis. You will be proactively defining metrics in support of our strategic goals and closely working with CS and data science teams and models to deliver actionable insights through data.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of reporting or analytics experience
- Experience with large datasets, data warehouses, and business intelligence and reporting tools
- Strong data query, analysis, and visualization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize effectively under pressure
- Comfortable in a fast paced dynamic structure with a strong desire to grow along with the company
- Demonstrable ability to build effective partnerships with business owners and technical partners
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and effectively communicate solutions
- SQL, Tableau, & Salesforce Proficiency
- Advanced excel
Meet Your Manager: This role reports to Jason Parrish, Senior Director Customer Success Operations. After spending 15 years in consulting and a few more in industry, Jason came to PayScale for the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-paced SaaS business. He is motivated by solving complex problems and creating a team environment where people are empowered to take ownership of challenges and deliver results.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
1. Recruiter Screen
2. Hiring Manager Phone Interview
3. Onsite interview with the team
4. Hiring decision
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.