PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a work environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are seeking a driven, customer centric, critical-thinking team player who loves leveraging their versatility and critical thinking aptitudes to develop relationships and deliver results for PayScale’s customers. You will be part of the greater Customer Success Management team and will own the customer relationship post-sale through renewal.
In this role, you will:
- Actively manage a book of SMB customers and be responsible for all associated renewal, upsell, and retention goals.
- Serve as primary strategic contact for helping customers deliver on their objectives, including driving initial account set up.
- Increase customer retention and ensure alignment by conducting regular calls, and providing recommendations to drive customer adoption.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with customers to ensure goals are aligned from a business strategy perspective.
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ by providing internal feedback on how we can maximize customer value and resolve customer concerns with urgency.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product/data offerings and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific goals.
- Improve upon our existing approaches to customer engagement and customer success utilizing our CS platform.
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table...
- A love for problem solving, creating innovative solutions, and an ability to see the “big picture”
- A self-starter possessing an internal commitment to succeed
- A knack for keeping clients accountable for reaching their definition of success, including project deliverables
- A desire to own an outcome, and the ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback
- A high degree of curiosity and a willingness to stretch, learn, develop, and (at times) be uncomfortable
- An aptitude for conducting tough conversations including overcoming objections
- Strong relational skills to establish relationships within multiple levels of customer organizations
- Solid organizational/time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and initiatives in a fast-paced environment, as well as problem-solve
- Can work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- 2 or more years relevant experience in a Customer Success, Account Manager, or Sales role (renewal, upsell quota responsibility in a SaaS organization preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)