As a member of Avalara’s Customer Care Team your goal is to provide world-class service to our customers. The Customer Advocate is a front-line position that monitors and contacts our self-serve implementation customers by phone. You are the first contact many of these customers will have with Avalara.
- Perform action items defined within the implementation timeline including; monitor customer’s progress through Salesforce Lightning, contact customers by phone and deliver ‘” moments that matter” at key points in implementation journey. Review progress against established timelines and escalates customer issues and/or project concerns which could create implementation delay to direct manager.
- Keep track of customer’s progress through implementation cases, and update records accordingly.
- Work support cases in self-serve queue; understand, interpret, reproduce, and diagnose customer problems. Perform root cause analysis. Provide customer with product specific help content related to issue resolution. Escalate issue to internal teams when appropriate, keep customer informed of case status.
- Update internal systems including Customer Relationship Software, internal project management software, implementation and support cases based on progress to include call logs, email logs, contact/role maintenance and project specific learnings.
- Create opportunities for appropriate Avalara team based on customer inquiries.
- Document customer facing solutions in Avalara’s customer facing help center. Document internal processes in Customer Advocate Playbook located on Confluence.
- Proven experience and familiarity with Microsoft computer programs including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and face-to-face.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with employees and customers.
- Adaptability, initiative and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM
- Ability to think outside the box to find solutions.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.