Customer Service Representative - Overnight at Trupanion
We are looking for a self-motivated, client-focused individual to provide exceptional service to both existing and potential customers. The ideal candidate is pet lover whose passion transmits through the phone line. We are looking for someone with initiative, drive, and the determination to succeed.
The work we have for our 3rd-shift crew is a little bit like a swiss army knife. Since call volume is low during overnight hours, we've identified a variety of tasks such as claims processing to keep everyone busy. As a general framework, we're looking for hours similar to 9pm to 5am, but are willing to customize schedules to fit your needs. This position also has the possibility to work remotely.
Qualifications ( Please include a cover letter with your application !)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience working an overnight shift
- 2 years' experience providing customer service over the phone
- Experienced in developing relationships with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with accountability and responsibility
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Attention to detail
- Skilled at online research
- Superb ability to be empathetic and help customers
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Professional communication with managers and team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be pet friendly
- Strong preference is given to candidates with veterinary clinic experience, including both patient and customer care.
- Fluency in Spanish or French is a plus!
- Property and Causality licensed in Washington State is a plus!
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited monthly bonus - (which rewards the quality for your work as well as how much work you do)
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Flexible Work Locations:
While we love seeing everyone in the office, we are a hybrid workforce! Our Contact Center is able to hire full-time remote positions in all states other than Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois and New York. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois and New York unless you already hold an active Property & Casualty license.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.