Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform that helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter engagement with their customers. More than 4,000 companies such as Adobe, ADT, Tableau, Okta, DocuSign, SAP, and Cisco depend on Outreach’s enterprise-scale, unparalleled customer adoption, and robust AI-powered Innovation.
One of the largest teams at Outreach, Customer Success is the trusted advisor helping Sales Leaders shape their strategy and drive measurable business impact. We are the experts on our product, the Sales Engagement industry, and contextualise together how it delivers value for our customers. A successful team member will be collaborative in their approach while advocating for customer needs to improve product, positioning, and capabilities.
As a Customer Success Advisor you'll have the opportunity to work with our largest volume of customers. You will create plans and programs that not only affect your customers, but have a ripple effect throughout the organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Industry and product knowledge
Keeping abreast of sales and revenue trends to increase your credibility in the industry, e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studiesLearning about the experiences other customers have with Outreach, so that you can apply these successes and learnings to your conversationsDeveloping expertise on the product - its value, use cases, features, and integrations
- Understanding success, influencing outcomes, and stakeholder management
Knowing best practice frameworks to help customers achieve value from their Outreach instanceBuilding programs to influence customer behaviours in a low touch, digital mannerBe able to make inferences about large groups of customers, based on interactions with a sample set of customersContextualizing data and positioning return on investment and the overall strategy to differentiate the conversation [tailored to audience level]
- Delivering value and influencing renewals Developing hypotheses about how to influence renewals, then running test programs against these hypotheses
Understanding how to mature programs across a large spectrum of clients; being able to articulate the maturation process to clients in a succinct way that leads to growth opportunities for our existing business expansion team
- Acting quickly to resolve red flags that may put renewal at risk
- Partner with internal resources, acting as customer advocate
Connecting internal teams to maximise the customer experience – Product, Professional Services, Support, Sales, Marketing, and LeadershipPrioritising multiple projects at the same time, managing several internal / external stakeholders who have varying priorities ranging from business, technical, and organisational
- Programmatic Problem Solver - you have the ability to extrapolate insights from a few conversations, or data sets. You can then take that insight and apply it to a larger group to make a sustainable impact.
- Outcomes Focused - you focus on the actions and behaviors that influence outcomes, and hold both yourself and your customers accountable.
- Proactivity -you understand the big picture and are consistent in your efforts to guide clients on the path to success. This includes anticipating / resolving risks, strategically tapping internal resources, and maintaining clear alignment on success criteria.
- High EQ - an active listener and incredibly present, you pick up on the non-verbal cues and understand the tone of the conversation and how to communicate the right message to each member of the audience.
- Empathy - you believe Customer Success is People Success, it’s not just retention and expansion. You are curious about the people you speak with, ask intelligent questions to unearth their pain points, and act as a partner in resolution.
- Expertise [alternative: Trusted Advisor] - you are highly credible, with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders and align them to a common vision. You know your customers, what they value, where they are in their maturity, and how to help them unlock their potential.
- Reliability - You are realistic about outcomes and comfortable in communicating these. Your actions show that you are accountable as the owner of your book of business, a teammate, and that you respect the process. As a result, the customer and Outreach can rely on your judgement, integrity, and transparency.
We think you’ll likely have these skills and attributes if you have the following experience:
1 to 3 years of experience in customer facing roles such as SDR, Customer Support, or Recruiting, Client Analyst
Advisory experience: roles in the past will have included an element of helping people understand what will improve their business, not necessarily just doing what the customer wants
Analysis: experience extrapolating meaning from either a small amount of customer interactions and apply to a larger group, or through data analysis. Someone who can see the trees and understand the forest.
Values drive our behaviours and the decisions we make. In addition to the above, we look for candidates who share and can demonstrate our corevalues:
We are hungry craftspeople - we’re obsessed with continuous improvement.
We have grit and perseverance - we know that true champions have the will to break through walls.
We are one with our customers - we treat their pain and success as
We’re always honest - with ourselves, our colleagues and our community.
We got your back - working at Outreach means you’re part of a family where no matter what, we’ll help you accomplish ever great feats and celebrate with you.
We take ownership - each of us is responsible for our collective success, and we expect you to represent your authentic self.
We find strength in diversity, equity and inclusion - we go out of our way to find different points of view that challenge our own perspective
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status