Customer Success Associate
Smartsheet is looking for a proven Customer Success Associate to manage a set of small to medium sized accounts in order to help drive a high level of customer satisfaction, successful product use, and customer retention. You will serve as the primary point of contact for key customers, understand customer success criteria, address questions, resolve issues and over time serve as a trusted Smartsheet advisor. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of Software as a Service (SaaS) account management, maintaining high customer renewal rates as a result of ongoing customer engagement, technical leadership and outstanding communication skills.
This important role is part of the Customer Success team and is based at Smartsheet corporate headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Perform initial on-boarding of accounts with enterprise level customers, ensuring strong adoption and ongoing engagement throughout the customer’s lifetime
- Execute a comprehensive engagement and communications strategy that proactively maintains high customer satisfaction
- Serve as the Smartsheet subject matter expert (SME) providing guidance and addressing challenges on work/ project management and collaboration to customers
- Perform periodic customer success reviews that confirm satisfaction, resolve issues with the help of the Technical Support team, and expand Smartsheet use throughout the account
- Develop tools, processes and best practices to ensure customers are realizing the greatest possible value from Smartsheet
- Use usage patterns to gain insights, provide guidance and increase customer satisfaction
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve any critical situations
- Work closely with the Sales and Professional Services team to share customer insights that inform additional product and service sales opportunities
- Provide expert customer insight to product management, marketing and sales on what innovation and continuous improvement is needed in the user experience, product capabilities and features, and customer engagement processes that ensure rapid adoption, usage velocity, high renewal and referral rates in our larger customers, many of which operate at massive scale
- Exceed all performance targets, including maintaining high unit renewal rates
- Account management experience, preferably for mid to later stage SaaS software, and proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is highly preferred
- Proven ability to maintain highly valuable and outcome-based relationships with a diverse customer account base
- Outstanding multi-task task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.