Customer Success Manager
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We're continuing to build out a team that's as diverse as it is creative. We're looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our ranks that is customer centric and empathetic as we exponentially grow our customer base.
Our Customer Success team supports our wide array of customers and own the customer relationship post-sale through renewal, as they engage with us and adopt our products to achieve their goals. We ensure customers are optimized and scale effortlessly through impactful engagements, all focused on driving business and technical value. Our obsession is understanding a customer's business to build lasting partnerships that continue to add value over time.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for making every customer in your portfolio successful which ultimately assures positive net revenue retention (NDR) for our Mid-Market customer base. In this role, you will report to a Manager of Customer Success.
What's the job really?
- Proactively manage a book of business and own meeting/exceeding renewal, upsell, and retention goals.
- Know your customers well – learn about their goals, processes, players and expectations so you can create a joint success plan and drive the overall strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact, delegate tasks where needed and ensure a strong customer experience.
- Build relationships throughout a customer’s organization, being comfortable engaging across C-level to licenses holders to ensure the strategic value is known and leveraged by all.
- Become a Zipwhip expert and advocate. Use your knowledge to deliver scalable guidance to maximize the customer experience.
- Represent the “Voice of the Customer” as the customer advocate at Zipwhip and ensure putting customers first is a company-wide mindset.
- Identify new expansion opportunities to drive more value to our customers, negotiating terms and expanding the Zipwhip footprint.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual performance objectives.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years account management experience in a consultative sales position, ideally within a SaaS company.
- Strong understanding of SaaS business models and their overall relationship to Customer Success.
- Experience guiding a mid-market customer base on their sales journey as a trusted advisor who consistently provides value
- The ability to pursue and ask strategic questions in a senior corporate environment while identifying growth opportunities.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of customer requests, queries and/or emails.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (phone, video, email).
- Resourcefulness with a facility for problem-solving by seeking the required information.
- Strong collaboration skills to create and maintain excellent internal relationships with support, sales, finance, operations, marketing, product, legal and human resources teams.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Impeccable organizational skills and an ability to multi-task across projects under tight deadlines.
- Patience and positivity. Ability to remain calm and focused during a crisis.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer