Customer Success Manager at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What We Do: PayScale's Customer Success team helps our customers utilize our products, services, and data to develop better pay strategies for their organizations. Our Customer Success teams (Customer Success Management, Implementation, Professional Services, Customer Programs, Customer Support, and Customer Operations) work cross-functionally not only to ensure a seamless customer lifecycle, but also to help them reach their business goals, proving the return on investment of their PayScale solution(s).
What You Do: As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) you will partner with the other CSMs in our high volume segment to support PayScale's largest customer base. You'll be responsible for the success, growth, and adoption of your customers. We work directly with customers in order to maximize the value they realize with our solutions; engaging from post-sale through renewal and making sure they are moving forward toward their own business goals at each step. Those who are most successful in this role have a high degree of curiosity and a willingness to stretch, learn, develop, and (at times) be uncomfortable.
Day-in-the-Life: As a CSM, a typical day may include the following…
- Discussing project progress, overcoming roadblocks, and product adoption on 2-4 scheduled customer calls
- Proactively contacting 5-10 customers to discuss key lifecycle points, such as onboarding, increasing adoption, risk, and opportunities for growth
- Responding to inbound customer requests to help better utilize their account and subscription
- Meeting internally to act as 'voice of the customer' with our Product, Support, Marketing, or Management teams on how we can increase value and resolve concerns
- Previous experience in a Customer Success, Account Development, or Sales role with high outbound/inbound volume
- Bachelor’s Degree not required, but strongly preferred
- Time Management: Proven organizational/time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Problem Solving: A self- starter with a love for problem solving, building innovative solutions, and an ability to see the “big picture”
- Learning & Development: A strong sense of ownership and autonomy, but also eager to accept and apply feedback to up-level your skillset
- Rapport Building: Strong relational skills to establish strong rapport within multiple levels of customer organizations
- Overcoming Objections: An aptitude for conducting tough conversations, including overcoming objections and a knack for keeping customers accountable to reaching their definition of success
Meet Your Manager: Nicole Conley! Nicole is equally as passionate about building her team's skillsets as she is with helping customers reach their business objectives. At any given moment you'll find her partnering with a team member, spinning ideas on how to best approach a customer situation, or meeting cross-functionally on how to present a new idea to the team. She's dedicated to building a culture of human relationships, honest feedback, and treating employees the way we want them to treat our customers.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Phone interview with our Talent Acquisition Team
- Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Nicole.
- Video interview with the Team.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us every Friday. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.