Customer/Technical Support Manager
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The team is seeking a seasoned Technical Support Manager with coaching and leadership experience working in a technically-oriented, fast-paced environment. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of effectively leading high-quality support teams, strong people skills, effective people relationships management, meeting team KPIs and collaborating to solve complex technical support problems, all while putting customers first.
What's the job really?
- Lead the Technical Support team and set a standard for solving customer problems while providing industry best support.
- Hire, train, and mentor a diverse, creative, and talented support team.
- Manage daily support activity with accuracy to help drive critical customer analytics needed to radiate cross-functionally and to senior leadership influencing product improvements and improved customer experience.
- Build customer loyalty by building rapport with our customers and find solutions to complex customer and technical issues.
- Serve as the Support Ambassador while collaborating with internal teams (Success, Sales, Billing, Operations, Product, Marketing) to support business development efforts for both small, mid-market, and enterprise accounts.
- Seek out opportunities and contribute to workflow process improvements by suggesting change.
- Advocate quality in every aspect.
- Pitch in to be an active team player who shares the load and helps others.
- Serve as a resource for employees on policy and procedures.
What you bring to the table:
- Four (4) years management experience in leading successful Technical Support teams.
- Demonstrate strong coaching, interpersonal and communication skills. Clear and effective verbal and written skills.
- Proven track record hiring and coaching supports teams with low attrition. You past team members are eager to work for you again.
- Demonstrate a customer-centric mindset.
- Demonstrate ability solve escalated technical problems and provide practical solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, proactive at identifying and resolving issues, self-motivated and resourceful.
You will work with technologies including Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and other software, as needed. Your primary responsibilities will be responding to and contacting customers to assist with our products, solving technical problems, maintaining customer relationships on behalf of the company, and working with customers to resolve any issues promptly.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.