Director of Business Operations - Engineering
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
We’re growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for a Director of Business Operations - Engineering to support the Vice President of Engineering. This role will function as the "Chief of Staff" and work across our entire Engineering organization with the goal of fostering a collaborative, high performance, and high learning culture. You should be comfortable working with executives and be able to make effective decisions and execute for the VP of Engineering allowing for better coverage for the growing demands of the Engineering organization.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Facilitate Q2-2019 and Q3-2019 OKRs for Engineering, and follow up periodically with owners to track status, changes and communicate them with Senior Leadership
- Coordinate the 6 + 12 budget work for the Engineering organization (including heads and other department costs).
- Work with the Engineering Program Manager to contribute to coordinating multi-team initiatives across our engineering organization
- Work on providing executive and department dashboards.
- Facilitate and improve engineering leadership meetings and communication.
- Establish a program to increase the public presence of Auth0 Engineering members
What will you be doing?:
- Partner and support VP of Engineering with organization and process improvement strategy, OKR definition, goal setting, and communications.
- Provide operational support for a distributed ‘remote friendly’ engineering organization including planning and facilitation of staff meetings and process improvement meetings with disciplined tracking of action items and follow up.
- Support decision making through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to Engineering Leaders and project stakeholders.
- Run meetings and offsites to improve our skills and the way we work together.
- Lead regular organizational communications and content development including setting agendas for Engineering all-hands meetings, helping draft presentations to the executive team and board, and owning external communication.
- Coordination of yearly budgeting and planning activities and ongoing tracking of performance against budget (dollars and headcount).
- Act as a proxy for our VP of Engineering when required
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in a business, operations, or project management role, and have worked with senior leaders and executives.
- Possess strong analytical problem solving and process improvement skills
- Have a demonstrated record of influencing and partnering across multiple teams and departments.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of synthesizing and abstracting complex information into clear messaging.
- Enjoy being exceptionally organized with a focus on execution.
- Have experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Are open to travel (specific amount will depend on your location)
Bonus Points for:
- Working at a high paced, fast growing tech startup
- Startup SaaS experience
- Technical degree and/or background in SW development
- Bellevue, WA; (GMT-4);
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description