Director of Business Operations
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
The Director of Business Operations will lead a team to effectively and efficiently scale during this period of hyper growth. In this role, you’ll manage a team to deliver outstanding safety and service outcomes in a cost effective and scalable way. You will coach and develop this team to internalize how their work impacts broader Rover business goals. The Business Operations team has three main areas of focus across the Customer Experience and Safety & Enforcement teams:
1. Operations Scalability - improve our effectiveness and cost-to-serve through product innovation, reimagining and reengineering existing processes, driving quality improvement, and implementing technology solutions.
2. Operations Training and Content - Implement tools and processes that can scale our best-in-class team to train & support our growing number of frontline agents. This includes reinventing delivery methods at scale, content management & innovation, evaluation and integration of new platforms, and third-party technology tools for sitter/owner self-service.
3. Planning (Forecasting and Workforce Management) - Oversee Operations forecasting to ensure the Customer Experience and Safety & Enforcement teams are resourced to provide a safe experience with world class service. Includes sourcing and implementing a workforce management tool, refining existing forecasting tools and inputs, and managing department budget and strategic investment planning.
The ideal candidate is one that lives to serve customers and their team. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment, act quickly to identify and improve key metrics, and solve high-impact business problems. This position requires that a person savor ambiguous operating environments and adapting to change. If you have a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, enjoy partnering with numerous organizational stakeholders, and you savor delivering crazy outstanding outcomes, this role may be for you. This is a high visibility role, responsible for creating alignment across the business and spending time updating the executive team. As such, the ideal candidate has strong communications skills, is a proven transformational change agent, thought leader, and has a desire to be in a key strategic position.
- Inspire, recruit, and develop the team to build the industry’s strongest business operations organization.
- Performance metrics are your heartbeat. Directly own and drive efficiency and cost to serve metrics. Lead the evolution of those metrics to meet emerging needs as our business scales.
- Effectively decompose ambiguous strategic goals into customer operations outcomes and ensure the team understands and executes to deliver results.
- Build an outstanding performance culture. Effectively manage and scale a multi-layered, high-performance team to ensure we operate with excellence at every level.
- Engage in the strategic Rover business narratives. Be the thought leader and evangelist for how business operations can engage in and drive broader organizational goals. Provide thought leadership for adoption of emerging CX and Safety & Enforcement tools.
- Build trust across the organization by building strong working relationships and delivering results. Partner with product and analytics to identify strategic customer experience opportunities and deliver on key cross-functional initiatives.
- Ensure we can strategically scale by leveraging technology, in-house, and outsourced resources to solve customer problems.
- And of course the happiest customer contact is one that doesn’t need to contact Rover. You will play a leading role in leveraging data to identify contact trends and recommending solutions that prevent customers from needing to contact us in the first place.
- 10+ years building and leading high-performing product, business, or operations teams with a track record of transformational growth with an efficiency lens.
- Experience owning and driving significant improvement in operational KPIs. Demonstrates strong analytical ability and the ability to leverage data from third party operations tools (CRM and phone contact tools) to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated experience effectively partnering with senior leaders and diverse teams across complex organizations to drive outcomes.
- Experience developing, implementing, and refining customer operations measurement methods and holding team accountable to hitting ambitious cost to serve and customer satisfaction goals.
- Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environments.
- Online marketplace experience and startup experience strongly preferred.
- Experience taking businesses international a major plus.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description