Director of Business Strategy & Operations at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Director of Business Strategy & Operations to help drive Smartsheet’s growth. With thousands of subscribing organizations and millions of users there is a ton of opportunity to make meaningful impact and drive growth within Smartsheet. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, has strong analytical skills and has the ability to communicate key insights effectively. This individual will work closely with departments across the company and will be a part of a highly efficient and results oriented Business Strategy & Operations team. This full time position reports to the Senior Director of Business Strategy & Operations and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Understand broad market trends, identify strategic insights, educate, enable, recommend cross-functional organizations to develop strong business strategies through the planning life cycle
- Identify and recommend growth drivers through deep analytical evaluation of strategic priorities and their potential for value creation
- Support annual and quarterly strategic planning process. Facilitate org-wide strategic planning to set priorities, OKR’s, and allocate budget
- Manage rhythm of the business. Drive increased visibility for our leadership team into business performance and opportunities for growth
- Understand our competitive position in the market, and partner with Product and Sales to develop a strategy to address our risks and opportunities
- Evaluate & recommend business models & economics of specific products & services
Background & Skills
- Self-propelled critical thinker with strong analytical & financial skills; strong business acumen
- Excellent problem structuring, identification and resolution; Experience with structuring executive presentations with the appropriate level of storytelling, visuals & data analysis
- Develop strong relationships, embracing cross-boundary collaboration to influence peers and executive leadership on complex business topics
- A passion for technology
- 5+ years of top-tier management consulting experience ideally followed by strong relevant industry experience
- MBA preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.