Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What We Do: Our Client Success Management Teams exist to ensure our customers receive maximum value from their PayScale subscription. We help our customers utilize our best-in-class products, services and data to develop better pay strategies for their organizations.
The CSM teams also work cross-functionally with the broader Client Success organization (Implementation, Professional Services, Client Education and Client Support) so that customers achieve their business goals, ultimately leading to contract renewal and customer revenue growth.
What You Do: In this role you will lead an organization of 25 CSMs and their managers to exceed their goals relating to delighting customer, product usage/adoption, and ultimately growth of customer revenue. You'll hire and develop the management team and build career development pathways to support career growth within the team. You'll also represent the Voice of the Customer at a leadership level within PayScale.
Day-in-the-Life: As a Director, Client Success Management a typical day may include the following…
- Assist in customer meetings, provide coaching to facilitate growth and distill themes for broader leadership team, including CS, Marketing, Product and Sales.
- Execute on new and existing CS strategies that increase customer utilization of products, and services.
- Analyze individual and team success metrics/results to manage and improve performance.
- Work on company initiatives to improve customer experience.
- Lead effective one on ones centered in accountability and results to support growth and further development on team and in role.
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: Learn the business, understand the customer base, develop a vision for the team
- Month 6: Show proficiency in PayScale's product offerings, have established trust-based relationships with key customers and within PayScale
- Month 12: Show results of vision through improvements in customer satisfaction metrics, customer retention and employee engagement
- 10+ years of Customer Success or Customer Service experience in a growing recurring revenue software business
- 5+ years leading teams with experience developing vision, building culture and motivating people to achieve results
- Experience with Salesforce and Gainsight preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relationship Building: Ability to build/establish positive relationships and to collaborate across the business
- Customer Focus: Ability to see customer's perspective and motivate teams to own the delivery of customer outcomes
- Product & Data Knowledge: Solid understanding of relational databases, crowd-sourced data and market-pricing systems. PayScale product and data knowledge preferred.
- Business Insight/Strategic Skills: Ability to evaluate, understand and ensure we meet client needs. Strong ability to communicate value based on clients' business objectives
- Problem Solving: A self-starter with a love for problem solving, building innovative solutions, and an ability to see the “big picture”
We have a lot of tools in our toolkit. We're looking for familiarity with CRM and CSM Tools such as Salesforce.com and Gainsight, Analytics tools like Tableau and of course our products PayScale MarketPay, Insight Lab, and related systems.
Meet Your Manager: Andrew Fraser leads Client Services and Customer Success at PayScale. Andrew is excited about PayScale's ambitions to become the defacto standard when it comes to making good compensation decisions.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Interview loop with peers and other leaders
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother’s Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.