Director of Customer Support
At 98point6, our mission is bringing technology and medicine together to reinvent healthcare. You’ll collaborate with multiple teams, work across various disciplines and conquer many satisfying challenges. Every single day you’ll be working towards profoundly transforming primary care.
Your Role and Impact
The Director of Customer Support reports to the Chief Product Officer and is responsible for our customer support strategy and operations. In this role, you will define our objectives in this area and the strategy that ensures members receive exceptional support. You’ll also be responsible for implementing that strategy and managing the day-to-day operations, including scaling the team through high growth and driving ongoing contact rate reductions with the product team.
- Direct all aspects of our customer experience function, including strategies, policies, performance objectives, change initiatives, vendors and people
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align on our customer support vision and objectives
- Grow, lead and manage a team of local customer support representatives. This includes hiring, training, developing and motivating individual team members to support the business as it scales
- Drive the creation of staffing plans and schedules that ensure timely support
- Establish and deliver on support performance goals that guarantee a quality customer support experience
- Work to understand the root cause of customers’ needs for support and collaborate with product management to reduce contact rates
- Improve support performance by establishing, measuring and communicating service metrics; analyzing results and opportunities for improvement; prioritizing and executing on process redesign/improvement efforts
- Collaborate with the clinical operations team to ensure patients seeking assistance with their healthcare needs receive timely and quality support
- Work with the product team to introduce new product opportunities, technologies and tooling that improve our service delivery experience and drive customer satisfaction
- 8+ years experience in customer support with progressively increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated experience managing and scaling a customer support team
- Deep knowledge of established and emerging customer support practices
- Analytical thinker using data to measure the quality of support provided and drive relentless improvement
- Experience using Lean/Kaizen activities and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to drive process improvements
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with product development teams to reduce contact rates
- High emotional intelligence and conflict resolution abilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- A passion to positively impact the availability and cost of healthcare
- Experience in healthcare not required, but helpful
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.