Director, Dispute Operations
The eCommerce Risk team is looking for a highly motivated Director of Dispute Operations to lead a global organization focused on protecting our customers and Expedia from risk. This is a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. This team that has an excellent reputation for security and fraud-prevention. For this position, you will need a real passion for identification of fraud, recovering money, and protecting Expedia Group and our customers. This team is an integral part of the overall fraud fighting global network and strategy providing strategic direction for our Operations network.
Delivering extraordinary performance while developing a strong team. You’ll work in partnership with colleagues around the globe (so a real passion for travel is also a requirement) and headquarters-based teams including Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Program and Product Management.
- You will lead the Global Dispute Operation teams to deliver best in industry operations performance
- You will set business strategy to mitigate Expedia losses because of customer disputes. Develop roadmaps to support this strategy.
- You will develop and champion vendor relationships
- You will establish performance goals for quality and efficiency linked directly to overall company performance. Develop roadmap and execution plan to deliver required performance against these goals
- Critical to the success of the organization is your ability to hire, mentor, and develop current and future operational leaders
- 7-10 + years of experience as a high impact Operations manager working in complex large multinational environments
- 3+ years of strong leadership and people management experience, specifically in attracting, developing, and retaining talent
- Experience working in the Payments, Chargebacks, or Fraud field is a requirement
- Confirmed experience in complex, global operations management where design, development and implementation of new processes, systems and organizations are required
- Experience in influencing an organization, across more than one geography, and influencing other organizations where their support is meaningful to success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Why join us
At Expedia Group, we recognize our success is dependent on our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, Trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.