At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $7 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As Director, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), you are a strategist and balanced risk thinker who implements and manages Remitly’s ERM Program. You will establish ERM frameworks, risk assessments, and help build company wide risk education and efforts to find and address risks across multiple departments. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will use your experience to build the right set of ERM monitoring and reporting that you’ll present to the Enterprise Risk Management Committee and to the Board of Directors.
What You’ll Do
- Program Establishment & Management
- Establish the Enterprise Risk Management program framework for the company to identify, assess, mitigate, monitor, test and report on risks faced by the company, consistent with industry best practices.
- Work with Remitly’s Enterprise Risk Management Committee (ERMC) and Board of Directors to establish a common lexicon to assess and manage risks within the company and establish company-wide and entity-specific risk appetite statements and thresholds.
- Deploy the ERM framework to identify, assess, mitigate, monitor, test, and report on risks on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct Reporting and Governance
- Facilitate the risk governance processes to ensure risks are identified, assessed, and classified following a defined ERM program framework, and are communicated and mitigated consistent with defined risk tolerances
- Develop Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies for you and other team members to analyze enterprise risks and report to the EMRC, Board committees, and Board.
- Support end-to-end management of governance reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and report on all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Work with multiple partners to address regulatory, investor, and customer inquiries about the risks of the company and the Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Build relationships and collaborate effectively with other departments to establish processes and reporting to systematically identify, monitor and mitigate risks consistent with the company’s risk tolerance.
- Oversee smooth operational implementation of continuously improving risk assessment and management practices.
- Promote a positive risk management culture throughout the company through training, communication, and promotion of best practices in risk management.
Who You Are
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university or college
- 10+ years of risk related field experience, including a focus on Enterprise Risk Management.
- Deep familiarity with ERM frameworks
- Project management skills including the ability to direct teams across the organization.
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry, and associated products/services.
- You have experience educating partners across the company and presenting to company leadership, Board committees and the full Board of Directors
- You are excited to build a ERM program from the ground up and then run it effectively.
Who We Are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sounds like the place for you? Join us.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer