Director of Experience Strategy and Insight at projekt202
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:33 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 15, 2019
At projekt202, we are focused on creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and technical solutions for our courageous clients. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
What you care about
*You draw energy from human interaction. You're confident but not pompous.
*You are driven to know more, to know why, to ask what if.
*You're a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect and attract your colleagues and client's opinions. You believe that you very well might not know the answer. You ask great questions.
*You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of your comfort zones. Your leadership inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients.
*You are a communicator. You are able to take an ask and turn it into understandable and actionable ideas. You break down the complex into the simple.
Practice Leadership is the life-blood of projekt202 and in our opinion is one of the most exciting jobs in our business. As a practice leader you help to embody the intellectual property and opinions that the company has about our craft and how that relates to solutions we deliver to client businesses. Your work is impacting people’s lives in many ways and is ultimately making the world a better place, which is part of our purpose here at projekt202.
As a practice director your first thought should be quality of delivery for your geography. While the General Manager (GM) of a geography owns customer satisfaction, he/she will be relying on you to make sure our clients are happy and that we have exceptional quality of delivery (“repeatable, measurable performance”), on our engagements.
Experience Strategy and Insight at projekt202 includes:
· Developing an understanding of a client’s business, industry, and product/service
· Developing an empathic understanding of a product or service’s users through a variety of qualitative, generative (and a few quantitative) research and synthesis techniques
· Developing actionable outputs from the research
· Creating a strategic vision for the design of the experience, using diverse inputs
· Presenting all findings in an engaging way, emphasizing the user perspective in a clear, consumable fashion to multiple constituencies: client executives/product owners, client developers, client marketers, design team members, technical team members
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead, direct and manage large client strategies from an experience strategy and insight perspective
- Ensure the local experience strategy and insight team delivers extremely high quality deliverables by providing delivery guidance on multiple projects
- Lead, direct and manage the local experience strategy and insight team, such as Creative Directors (CDs), Principal Experience Researchers, Senior Experience Researchers, Experience Researchers, including their career development
- Actively support business development efforts within a projekt202 location, meeting with prospects and creating approaches and proposals, collaborating with the practice leads in user experience and technology.
- Champion the development of a deep understanding of a client’s customers through design research, internally and externally
- Look for innovative ways to make sure the Practice’s Service offerings are better integrated into company solutions while working to evolve the offerings to meet client needs
- Ensure service offering artifacts and templates are updated and readily accessible to the company
- Partner with recruiting to ensure recruiting campaigns are targeted to court highly skilled, talented individuals to join our team
- Understand the professional aspirations of the team so as to provide development opportunities
- Support the creative success of the UX Practice, Digital Marketing Practice and Technology Practice when applicable
- Meet on a regular basis with the CXO, NPL and GM and other local practice leaders to establish forward looking research-related business strategies and to facilitate experience strategy and insight knowledge transfer
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years as a senior design or user researcher, having participated directly in at least 7-10 generative research projects, and with a defined process for making sense of generative, qualitative data
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading client engagements with creative teams
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience (of a team of direct reports, not only on projects)
- 1-2 years working in a consulting company or agency and interacting with external clients
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Portfolio/Work Examples are required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.projekt202.com or find us on Twitter @projekt202.
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description