Director, Information Technology
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for driven, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role:
We are looking for an experienced IT Director to oversee all Information Technology functions at Leafly. You will report to our CTO and lead a small team of IT System Administrators. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems.
In this hands-on role, you will provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for Leafly’s headquarters in Seattle, and our satellite offices in Baltimore and Toronto. You and your team will ensure that our company’s technology is meeting its objectives efficiently and reliably. You will work closely with senior leadership and users across the company to help determine the best way possible to meet our technology needs. Occasional travel required to our offices in Baltimore and Toronto.
- Oversee all IT operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Lead strategic and operational planning for design, development and implementation of organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure systems
- Actively manage all aspects of our corporate infrastructure including: network management, systems administration, phone and teleconferencing infrastructure, procurement, help desk, disaster recovery, security, and compliance
- Develop and own global security and compliance roadmap and partner with Legal, HR and other business units to develop and maintain the companies’ security and compliance plan
- Partner with HR to optimize processes to onboard and offboard employees with hardware and access to information systems
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine technology needs, then define and establish supporting IT policies and systems
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency; identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems
- Identify emerging information technologies to be analyzed and integrated within the organization
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role, preferably in a fast paced startup organization
- 10+ years experience in computer operations, networking, telecommunications, information technology management/administration, applications and system development within a complex and changing IT environment
- 5+ years experience in an IT senior management position leading a team, preferably in a startup environment
- Experience leading enterprise technology initiatives and setting IT strategy
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Experience in administration and support of a multi-location corporate IT infrastructure
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Experience managing and supporting line of business systems such as ERP/Accounting, Legal System, etc.
- Experience with: Windows AD, Windows and Mac administration, GSuite administration
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description