Director, Internal Communications
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
You’re a passionate and experienced internal communications leader who will play a critical role in the creation, implementation, and assessment of company-wide internal communications programs, campaigns and events. In this role, you will help define Convoy’s communication architecture and help implement a company-wide cultural vision. You will work closely with Convoy executives and partner with employees across multiple departments to help our employees feel connected to Convoy’s mission, vision, values and to one another. You are a team player and are who enjoys getting their hands dirty.
You'll take ownership of:
- Development and implementation of a company-wide internal communication plan, including key messaging/narratives, to drive employee engagement and reinforce the company mission and core values.
- Be an internal teacher and advocate. Provide counsel to leadership support teams to promote frequent, transparent communication.
- Partner with them on all major business initiatives, events and announcements.
- Curation and upkeep of best practices, procedures and an internal style guide to ensure consistent and quality communications across all teams, divisions and offices.
- Create and implement systems of measurement and apply results to future communications.
- Evolve, and manage the content and production of all company-wide employees-facing meetings and events. Support other departments, as needed, for large scale meetings.
- Draft and/or review employee-focused communications including emails, executive presentations, FAQs and intranet pages.
- Partner with public relations and marketing departments on communications for large company announcements.
- Create and help others adhere to a communications channel matrix to ensure outcomes are as intended.
- Maintain a communications and employee engagement editorial calendar.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 8-10 years of internal/employee communications, corporate communications or related field. Experience building scalable communications programs from the ground up in a scrappy startup environment.
- Experience hiring, managing, developing and leading growing teams. Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and editing skills.
- Ability to boil down complex business language into clear, relevant messages and writing and editing with clarity of purpose, intent and broad perspective for a variety of audiences.
- Competency in measuring the effectiveness of your communications efforts to support making data-driven strategic decisions.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment. Experience working closely with executive leadership, including developing thought leadership platforms.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and relationship building skills.A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with executives.
- Ability to influence and align partners and define clear goals and progress.
- Experience planning and executing communications at a large scale across multiple offices (e.g., rolling out a new tool or technology, leadership/change management/organizational changes, M&A).
- Experience with issues management, community/government relations, and corporate social responsibility a plus.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description