Director of IT at Subsplash
Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 190+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we’ve pioneered the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The IT Team at Subsplash is the foundation that maintains all the activities and services that are required to support business functions as well as ensuring proper security across all IT systems. This team is known as technology champions with a passion for building processes and infrastructure that delight and support employees and business operations to be innovative, collaborative, and excellent. IT works with teams across the organization such as Sales, Marketing, Support, Product and Engineering, People Operations and Finance. The Subsplash IT Team masterfully balances building a superb work culture while maintaining security and compliance in a fast-paced and high growth organization.
About the Role
As the Director of IT, you will report to the CFO and be responsible for ensuring enterprise systems and processes scale with growth, fulfill business stakeholder requirements, and meet Compliance and Security objectives. In this role, you will provide people management and leadership, as well as technical leadership, ensuring Subsplash teams have the right tools and permissions needed to delight our employees and clients. You will build cross-functional relationships with core departments, balancing department goals to ensure Subsplash interests are properly protected as we continue to grow. You'll play a fundamental role in shaping the future of IT at Subsplash and your work will have significant impact and visibility.
Top 2 outcomes in year 1:
- Understanding the historical constraints and the future growth goals of the company in a remote-first setting, you will assess the current IT infrastructure from a people, process and technology perspective and present a prioritized roadmap of initiatives across the whole business to meet our corporate objectives and manage risks —while supporting a current near 100% remote workforce, and then you will oversee and implement these initiatives.
- Work to ensure we have a robust security infrastructure and trained and accountable team by working with outside consultants and internal teams, assessing current risk and making appropriate recommendations to remediate any potential issues/gaps.
- Create and maintain SLAs and change management processes to ensure the IT function exceeds stakeholder expectations while maintaining Compliance and Security controls, and controls relating to financial reporting.
- Set up infrastructure and processes such that they are not centered around an individual that is indispensable, rather solid scalable processes that will withstand changes in staffing
- Participate in (or lead) development of robust disaster plans needed as we scale
- Perform regularly scheduled audits to ensure compliance
- Define and maintain IT budget + strategy
- Collaborate with department heads to find ways that IT can help their teams do their best work more often.
- Work with CFO in advising strategies to the executive team, as well as able to understand and direct the details of IT projects, including data security, backup systems, disaster recovery, and network access
- Build project plans for new office space, including managing outside contractors, ongoing services, and testing
- Manage hardware procurement and asset management
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of employees with regard to IT including hardware and software
- Manage software licenses and access to ensure compliance, cost efficiency, and proper controls, working with teams to advise on balance between controls and speed so that risks are managed appropriately
- Provide hardware, software and peripheral support to all Subsplash team members
- Manage the administration of GSuite and other cloud applications
- Create IT documentation and processes to assist users and conduct training sessions where needed
- Manage IT department including employees, contractors, and vendors and manage structure of this in support of scaling the business
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Director or equivalent related experience at a high growth/enterprise software/SaaS company.
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology, Information Security, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- Excellent communication skills in both executive level communications and detail communications with team members.
- Proven track record implementing and maintaining IT controls according to best practice frameworks or compliance standards.
- Strong ability to lead initiatives and manage resourcing for high impact projects. Strong ability to communicate proposals and ideas concisely to either stakeholders or IT team members, and to execute the projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated experience hiring and coaching individuals’ performance to provide feedback and guidance in order to help team members grow professionally.
- Demonstrated experience managing and scaling operations in multiple disparate timezones.
- Demonstrated experience managing and representing a cost effective IT budget.
- Prior M&A/integration experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with PCI compliance is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or related fields is a plus.
- Models Subsplash culture values of Humility, Excellence and Innovation and inspired by the mission and chance to make a difference in millions of lives.
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, short and long term disability and life insurance all free of charge, Competitive Compensation, 401k Matching, Professional Development, Top of the Line Equipment, Referral Program, Parental Leave, Family-Friendly Culture, and the chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Remote Friendly Work
We’ve grown a lot since 2009, when our founders Tim & Kristy Turner fulfilled their dream to start Subsplash. In our continued commitment to creating a meaningful and flexible experience for our employees, we’re excited to have become a remote-friendly company! This means working from home (or anywhere else!) will be the primary experience for many of our team members. Don’t worry; we’ll still have offices (and snacks) in Austin, Seattle, and Wenatchee, WA to support those who do their best work in an office environment.
We’re still continuing to grow, and as of right now we have amazing employees in 16 states in the U.S. For the time being, that’s as far as we can go. As much as we would love to have Subsplash team members in as many places as the clients we serve, we’re focused on sustainable growth in the states where we’re already located. For this reason, if a job posting contains “Remote” as the location, that means the role can be located in any state where we currently have operations. If you’re unsure whether or not we employ in your state, please still apply! We’ll make sure to let you know either way, and we’ll reach out to you if anything changes. Let’s make waves!Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a background check and; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.Subsplash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all human life as all people are created with equal dignity, value, and worth. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, or genetic information in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.