Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
As the Director of Network Strategy & Performance you will be responsible for ensuring that Convoy is operating effectively and growing in target markets by sourcing freight that is conducive to spinning our flywheel faster and sustainably over time. You will have responsibility for two core teams that focus on flywheel acceleration and revenue management with a focus on maturing Convoy’s network and maximizing Convoy’s financial outcomes.
- Coordinate with multiple groups across Convoy to influence freight characteristics at all stages of the shipment funnel and ensure consistent execution against healthy freight.
- Partner closely with the Network Efficiency Product and Data Science teams to maximize impact and optimization of freight in our network.
- Identify and implement new mechanisms to optimize network performance
- Develop and implement centralized revenue management policies
- Partner closely with Sales and Account Management to meet or exceed financial outcomes of a portfolio of freight.
- Manage, mentor, and scale a high performing team that includes both strategic and operational functions.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of professional experience in strategy, analytics, network planning, yield management or similar fields. Experience defining, supporting, and/or managing network design and supporting go to market frameworks and strategies.
- The ability to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy and to develop strategy and gain buy-in for future innovation.
- Fluent with data and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business scenario planning. SQL, Excel and/or similar data analysis experience.
- A strong focus on execution and can drive concrete programs from early strategy to maturity.
- The ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early leader of a growing team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy & tactics to a range of audiences including executive leadership.
- Strong judgement and can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- The ability to influence without authority. You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You have an executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in both verbal and written communications.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- High emotional intelligence and humility. You are confident, yet humble and enjoy hearing diverse perspectives on a problem. You bring groups together to agree on the best possible solution.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!